ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDS)
    red grapes

and 2370 isss
    green grapes *prays this is right!*

What is 4147

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Ohhh Fortunately there's nothing I need to buy (though I'd like to save up at least a couple of grand for uni) so
    That would be good but I only get around £300 per month and 3/4 of the money is going else where for travel, gym, clothes, and generally going out. So I can only save under a £100 :|
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Right, can someone help me out maybe? If I'm starting induction on Thursday (24th) and I assume properly starting the week after (1st) when will I be paid? & I assume you aren't paid for induction, or at least not 'til you leave? I'm trying to work out how much I'm going to have to borrow from my parents for taxis at night time... :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Right, can someone help me out maybe? If I'm starting induction on Thursday (24th) and I assume properly starting the week after (1st) when will I be paid? & I assume you aren't paid for induction, or at least not 'til you leave? I'm trying to work out how much I'm going to have to borrow from my parents for taxis at night time... :eek3:
    You do get paid for your induction, should be in with your first lot of wages. So you should receive everything you work up until 3rd October on 9th October - including the induction.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by flipshot)
    You do get paid for your induction, should be in with your first lot of wages. So you should receive everything you work up until 3rd October on 9th October - including the induction.
    Oh, that's good! So assuming I start the following week (I work thurs/fri/sat) that I'd get paid for my first proper week plus induction? Not too much to borrow, then!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's good! So assuming I start the following week (I work thurs/fri/sat) that I'd get paid for my first proper week plus induction? Not too much to borrow, then!
    Yep you should do.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Yep you should do.
    Oh goodie.
    Is 'pay day' generally the second Friday of every month then, or something different? :tongue: (I should have asked the interview guy this but I didn't want to seem like a money-hungry monster...) Hopefully my contract comes soon

Next payday is 9th October iirc though...

EDIT: payday is fourweekly, on Friday.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    Next payday is 9th October iirc though...

EDIT: payday is fourweekly, on Friday.
    Thanks for that :tongue:

*feels like a dummy*

ReputationRep:
    Today was the busiest day ive worked i think, all the students came back to leeds, took 18k, 2 weeks ago we only made 12k on sunday :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Today was the busiest day ive worked i think, all the students came back to leeds, took 18k, 2 weeks ago we only made 12k on sunday :eek:
    Are you in a really small store? We take around 60k on a Sunday normally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Writer14)
    Are you in a really small store? We take around 60k on a Sunday normally.
    Where not tiny, but small compared to most stores.

ReputationRep:
    Today I served someone a small box of Lemsip, which is an age restricted product. The customer who bought it was clearly over 16 (which is the minimum age for Lemsip) but she was probably younger than 25 I think.

I didn't ID her.

Am I going to get caned?

She could have been anything from 19-29, as she was wearing a baseball cap. But I guess if we're not sure then we must ID her. But when we scan an age-restricted product, we get a red box prompt on the screen, saying "THINK 25, is the customer over 16?.

So what question do I have to ask myself?

Is she over 25? No > ask for ID
    Or is she over 16? Yes > no need for ID

If a 16~ y/o girl wants to buy a 12 cert DVD, do I demand ID because she's not looking 25 yet?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I have to work on checkouts... I'd assume there are no people in at night time.

Er, one of my induction days is 9 - 5. They didn't say if it was AM or PM though. I'm assuming it's 9am - 5pm. Right...? They wouldn't do an induction 9pm - 5am would they? :tongue:
    Yeah they do 9am-5pm induction days - I just had mine and they were 9am-5pm yesterday and today. They are full days as there is plenty to pack in, we had hour lunch breaks and 2 x 15 min tea breaks morning and afternoon.

That's just the standard induction, if you need till training that will be another 8 hours and more if you go onto petrol as you'll need normal till training, petrol till conversion and then petrol safety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    green grapes *prays this is right!*

What is 4147
    basics apples

whats 4450

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Today I served someone a small box of Lemsip, which is an age restricted product. The customer who bought it was clearly over 16 (which is the minimum age for Lemsip) but she was probably younger than 25 I think.

I didn't ID her.

Am I going to get caned?

She could have been anything from 19-29, as she was wearing a baseball cap. But I guess if we're not sure then we must ID her. But when we scan an age-restricted product, we get a red box prompt on the screen, saying "THINK 25, is the customer over 16?.

So what question do I have to ask myself?

Is she over 25? No > ask for ID
    Or is she over 16? Yes > no need for ID

If a 16~ y/o girl wants to buy a 12 cert DVD, do I demand ID because she's not looking 25 yet?
    You must challenge anyone who you are not 100% sure is over 25, even if it's a 16 year old for a 12 DVD - because you need to confirm their date of birth. I'm guessing if she was a test you would have heard on your shift, so you might be okay.

ReputationRep:
    I know if an 18 year old was to buy a 12 dvd i wouldnt even think about IDing them, think 25 or not. Probably the same with paracetamol tbh. Im rarely on checkouts anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDS)
    basics apples

whats 4450
    Wow you guys are really quite special knowing this.

i don't know any of the codes (only cause i work for waitrose though, and we get picture we have to click instead, and even then i am only on tills occasionally)

As for the think 25 thing you should have asked her for her date of birth, unless it is something like a twelve thing and they look above 18 (then they are blatently above 12)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I know if an 18 year old was to buy a 12 dvd i wouldnt even think about IDing them, think 25 or not. Probably the same with paracetamol tbh. Im rarely on checkouts anyway.
    Hmm yeah when you put it like that, I guess that makes sense. So it just depends on what the product is, but on the Lemsip question there probably should have been a challenge. :confused:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by miracleboy)
    Yeah they do 9am-5pm induction days - I just had mine and they were 9am-5pm yesterday and today. They are full days as there is plenty to pack in, we had hour lunch breaks and 2 x 15 min tea breaks morning and afternoon.

That's just the standard induction, if you need till training that will be another 8 hours and more if you go onto petrol as you'll need normal till training, petrol till conversion and then petrol safety.
    Well on thursday and friday I have four hours of induction (8 in total) and then the full day induction on sat... I'm doing night shift though so I don't think I'll be learning till stuff?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.