Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miracleboy)
    Hmm yeah when you put it like that, I guess that makes sense. So it just depends on what the product is, but on the Lemsip question there probably should have been a challenge. :confused:
    I dunno, i just try and use common sense, there are too many rules that will just cause trouble if taken too literally, all the time

ReputationRep:
    I'd ID her if it was paracetemol/ibuprofen don't think i would on lemsip even tho theres paracetemols traces in.

I work by, if i have a slight doubt, just ask for Id

(Original post by DDS)
    whats 4450
    clementines/satsumas? I get confused, they're all orange! lol

my turn agaaaain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Well on thursday and friday I have four hours of induction (8 in total) and then the full day induction on sat... I'm doing night shift though so I don't think I'll be learning till stuff?
    Yeah 16 hours seems to be the standard if mine was anything to go by. I didn't get till training either as I'm doing online shopper.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yeah 16 hours seems to be the standard if mine was anything to go by. I didn't get till training either as I'm doing online shopper.
    I'm feeling much better about it all now =) Bought new boots just for this job, hopefully they're comfortable...!

Induction is 16 hours and can be split into 4 hour segments...

Till training 8 hours? Not at our store it isn't. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    My till training was non existant, kinda got thrown on and just had to ring when i had a problem, how we trained was a bit mental though.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    Induction is 16 hours and can be split into 4 hour segments...

Till training 8 hours? Not at our store it isn't. Haha.
    My induction is over 3 days- 2 x 4 hour sessions and 1 x 8 hour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    clementines/satsumas? I get confused, they're all orange! lol

my turn agaaaain

swede I believe

7023 is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Yep I'll cross mine too :p: Wishing you the best of luck, i'd try to call again on Saturday

Well they ask the two highest scorers on the test to an interview and anyone else who may've also passed the initial stage will be given the option to wait for the interviewees to fail the interview and then get an interview (not really likely it would happen) OR to withdraw your application lol. It has happened to me MANY TIMES :p:
    Update on my situation lol ! I phoned the other day and hr said they think I haven't heard back as somebody else applied for the job on the 16th of August and haven't had an interview yet ! so they might be able to release them and they will phone me early this week and let me know. If they are to get an interview though how will the store decide if we have both passed the interview I doubt they will really even remember me :confused: lol I hope they don't want the job anymore !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    swede I believe

7023 is...
    ahhh its in my head somewhere :')
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Hopefully you'll get it, *C*!

ReputationRep:
    You must challenge anyone who you are not 100% sure is over 25, even if it's a 16 year old for a 12 DVD - because you need to confirm their date of birth. I'm guessing if she was a test you would have heard on your shift, so you might be okay.
    The incident occurred at around 4pm today, with the shop closing at that time pretty much. My shift lasted another 30mins but I'm not sure anyone from checkouts knew that.

If it was a test purchase (unlikely) then I would have been told right away wouldn't I?

Anyway, not challenging somebody is not illegal. It would have been though if she was 15, but she was at least 20, so no harm done. But I had better not risk it again. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Today was the busiest day ive worked i think, all the students came back to leeds, took 18k, 2 weeks ago we only made 12k on sunday :eek:
    We usually take 100k a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    I'd ID her if it was paracetemol/ibuprofen don't think i would on lemsip even tho theres paracetemols traces in.
    Hmm...those traces = 650mg, the equivalent of a dose of paracetamol.

Also, Lemsip max - 1000mg of paracetamol, the maximum doseage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    Hmm...those traces = 650mg, the equivalent of a dose of paracetamol.

Also, Lemsip max - 1000mg of paracetamol, the maximum doseage.
    :confused:

And as long as she's over 16 she's allowed to do whatever she wants with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Today I served someone a small box of Lemsip, which is an age restricted product. The customer who bought it was clearly over 16 (which is the minimum age for Lemsip) but she was probably younger than 25 I think.

I didn't ID her.

Am I going to get caned?

She could have been anything from 19-29, as she was wearing a baseball cap. But I guess if we're not sure then we must ID her. But when we scan an age-restricted product, we get a red box prompt on the screen, saying "THINK 25, is the customer over 16?.

So what question do I have to ask myself?

Is she over 25? No > ask for ID
    Or is she over 16? Yes > no need for ID

If a 16~ y/o girl wants to buy a 12 cert DVD, do I demand ID because she's not looking 25 yet?
    Officially you should have asked for ID, but since it was a 16 product, it should be fine. When it doubt - ask. You won't get a fine or a criminal record for selling paracetamol to someone (Although you might get a disiplinary) as it is not against the law to supply paracetamol to an under 16.

Be careful when you sell lottery and other age restricted stuff though.... I've seen a few people get into trouble for serving under 16's on Lottery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Officially you should have asked for ID, but since it was a 16 product, it should be fine. When it doubt - ask. You won't get a fine or a criminal record for selling paracetamol to someone (Although you might get a disiplinary) as it is not against the law to supply paracetamol to an under 16.

Be careful when you sell lottery and other age restricted stuff though.... I've seen a few people get into trouble for serving under 16's on Lottery.
    If a person is looking younger than 25 but has tattoos all over them (which obviously you have to be 18 to get one) would you still ID them?

ReputationRep:
    If a person is looking younger than 25 but has tattoos all over them (which obviously you have to be 18 to get one) would you still ID them?
    I didn't know you had to be 18 to get a tattoo, so i woulda' id'd them ahahaha

In the past, and people haven't had ID, they shake their keys at me and say "I have a car, you need to be 18 to get a car!!!!". Its fun to reply: "Actually, you can be 16 to get a bike, so how do I know for one, their moped keys? And you can get a driving licence at 17".

>;D

ReputationRep:
    I would, theres a lot of dodgy places that will do tattoos on under 18s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    I didn't know you had to be 18 to get a tattoo, so i woulda' id'd them ahahaha

In the past, and people haven't had ID, they shake their keys at me and say "I have a car, you need to be 18 to get a car!!!!". Its fun to reply: "Actually, you can be 16 to get a bike, so how do I know for one, their moped keys? And you can get a driving licence at 17".

>;D
    (Original post by flipshot)
    I would, theres a lot of dodgy places that will do tattoos on under 18s.

Thanks for that dudes

I didnt even see my customer's tattoos but I saw him and he looked young and I told myself I would ID him. When I asked him if he had ID, he was like I am 23, and his friend was like...he is covered in tattoos. Then he told me he had no ID as it got 'stolen last week' and I had to call the supervisor who dealt with the situation (the guy left all pissed off). Then the supervisor told me that I needed to ask him or someone else to authorise the purchase of alcohol next time, me confused I said "But I am 18" and he was like :O Really?!!.

It annoys me that people think I look 16. Grrr.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.