Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Quick question. If you get offered a job and accept it, can then later decline you the job if they receive a bad reference?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! Just a quick question

I applied to my local Sainsbury's on Fri 18th there and was just curious to find out how long it generally takes to get a reply?

Thanks.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by john_daniel)
    Hey everyone! Just a quick question

I applied to my local Sainsbury's on Fri 18th there and was just curious to find out how long it generally takes to get a reply?

Thanks.
    I applied Sunday 13th, got invite to interview on 14th and booked interview for 15th, then got the job on Saturday 19th :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Mine is quite a small store. I hope I am successful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RB59)
    Quick question. If you get offered a job and accept it, can then later decline you the job if they receive a bad reference?
    Definately yes. It happened to my bro. Sainsburys state it in the small print somewhere too....you've been offered the job, subject to references..
    (& also if you failed to mention a CCJ or something like that. That might not apply to Sainsburys though, I dont think they check that)

ReputationRep:
    Start my first online shopper shift tomorrow at 6am. :woo: Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miracleboy)
    Go to sleep now

:awesome:

:p:

There really isn't anything special to think about before you start. Just arrive on time and introduce yourself. The team leaders will then set up an account for you and you'll go with another shopper for your first shift.

If you have any questions after tomorrow, I'll answer them :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cool, it will go real quick. Whats your hours?
    You wont need any tips really, online shopping is a piece of p lol
    You will find your own way around it once someone has shown you the ropes. We all have our own little foibles! I like to pack the bags as I go along, others leave it all til the end then pack them.
    Only thing I will say is always double check your tote labelling. Its a nightmare if someones put the wrong lane or time on one.
    That will make more sense once you get into it tomorrow.
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah gonna go to sleep soon, got to get up at 5am. :eek:

Finish at 10am then straight to Uni. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Cool, it will go real quick. Whats your hours?
    6am-10am Tue-Fri. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah gonna go to sleep soon, got to get up at 5am. :eek:

Finish at 10am then straight to Uni. :woo:
    Good luck , I'm still awake around 5am :| loool

ReputationRep:
    here are the laws regarding what young people can work
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/YoungPeo...work/DG_174530
    for all those who are unsure, i can't wait until i turn 18 now, not as many restrictions and don't have to call a supervisor for alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighthesim)
    here are the laws regarding what young people can work
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/YoungPeo...work/DG_174530
    for all those who are unsure, i can't wait until i turn 18 now, not as many restrictions and don't have to call a supervisor for alcohol.
    I remember those times.

That goodness I turned 18 a month ago or I wouldn't of bothered accepting the job offer at Sainsburys!

ReputationRep:
    they may or may not, you have given them notice and they will be able to find someone to do your hours, but then as they are three in a row you may have problems there, just ask whom ever is in charge of that kind of thing in your branch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighthesim)
    they may or may not, you have given them notice and they will be able to find someone to do your hours, but then as they are three in a row you may have problems there, just ask whom ever is in charge of that kind of thing in your branch.
    hmm i hope so, it is like 6 weeks notice. well tbh on satudays i usually do 12-7, and the thing that i need to do is only until 1 all 3 saturdays, so technically i could do 2-7 if they have a problem, then its only 2 hours a week that they need to cover me for.

There should be no problem if you tell them about it now. You have a poorly run department if there is :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry_princess)
    hi all, i need to book some saturdays off for something important, it will be sat at the end of oct, then 2 in november. thats 3 in a row... will they let me do this??
    I doubt anyone on here could answer that, unless they could see the holiday book of your dept! lol How many, if any, have already booked that day off. Would be a bit of a mess if they had loads off on a holiday the same day.

ReputationRep:
    I rang HR. Apparently i got borderline score on 2 parts of the DVD test, meaning it automatically failed me

Shame she didnt tell me what the 2 parts actually were..
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I found the customer service part really difficult to answer :tongue: Mainly because I wanted to put what *I* would do, and I knew I should put what *Sainsbury's* wanted me to do...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.