Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Had my first shift this morning and really liked it, everyone was really friendly and I enjoyed picking the shopping, was a challenge finding everything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I found the customer service part really difficult to answer :tongue: Mainly because I wanted to put what *I* would do, and I knew I should put what *Sainsbury's* wanted me to do...
    lol I remember that thinking too
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    lol I remember that thinking too
    Clearly I did the right thing! :woo: Only two days to go now. I'm quite excited.

ReputationRep:
    That dancing skeleton that sings 'livin la vida loca' every 10 seconds is really getting on my nerves :'). Does anybody know what i'm talking about? Haha. All the singing toys drive me insaaane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahboden)
    That dancing skeleton that sings 'livin la vida loca' every 10 seconds is really getting on my nerves :'). Does anybody know what i'm talking about? Haha. All the singing toys drive me insaaane.
    lol... and are the singing pumpkins actually meant to be scary???!

ReputationRep:
    Clearly I did the right thing! :woo: Only two days to go now. I'm quite excited.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Lol, We have no halloween stock out, lots of crimbo stock though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    lol... and are the singing pumpkins actually meant to be scary???!
    hahaa is that the thing that sings 'i want candyyy dudududu' :'). I hate that!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    oh my god, there's a skeleton that sings livin la vida loca?? i sooo need one of those. HAH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahboden)
    hahaa is that the thing that sings 'i want candyyy dudududu' :'). I hate that!
    Yehhhh... that's the one... stupid pumpkin! I swear by the time they sell, they'll have no battery left

oh my god, there's a skeleton that sings livin la vida loca?? i sooo need one of those. HAH.
    Worrying, isn't it!
    God knows who thought of it! What's gunna be out next year?!
    We should invent them, we'd do better I'm sure :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Do they have a thing built into the display that makes a noise when you walk past this year? I remember my store trainer was obsessed by it last year, kept deliberately walking down that aisle to set it off.

We don't have much halloween stuff in at the moment, they seem to be struggling to shift all the back to school and uni stuff. Theres more christmas stuff than there is halloween.

ReputationRep:
    There's a skeleton that rattles in a cage screaming 'LET ME OUTTTTTTTT THIS ISNT A JOKE' or something :'), that goes off everytime you walk past it. It makes me jump so much, especially early on a Sunday morning when theres only me round there. Oh and, a pumpkin with a hand that tries to grab you when you go near it! But that's just amusing when kids go up to it and like hit the ceiling squealing. haaaah.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought we where the most middle class of the big 4 supermarkets, and we are selling silly skeletons pftt! (though my middle class logic falls on its arse when i think about them employing me)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh-No!)
    Yehhhh... that's the one... stupid pumpkin! I swear by the time they sell, they'll have no battery left
    I don't like that pumpkin. It sings way too happily to be a pumpkin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miracleboy)
    Had my first shift this morning and really liked it, everyone was really friendly and I enjoyed picking the shopping, was a challenge finding everything!
    You will be finding it all with your eyes closed in no time!!:yep:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm tired of waiting now, I just want to start this induction thing and get working :woo:

I'm tired of waiting now, I just want to start this induction thing and get working :woo:
    You won't be saying that in a fortnight :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    You won't be saying that in a fortnight :p:
    I know ... At least it's only 3 nights a week

Interested to know though, how easy is it to transfer once you go to uni etc? Or is it quite difficult?

ReputationRep:
    I know ... At least it's only 3 nights a week

Interested to know though, how easy is it to transfer once you go to uni etc? Or is it quite difficult?
    At all depends on vacancies in the area you want to transfer to when you want to transfer. We are short of staff in our and have taken on a few store transfers but someone from our store wanted to do one and they couldn't because none of the stores in the area they were going to had vacancies.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I did something really stupid today. Customer came to my till and I absent-mindedly went: "Hiya love, how are you today?" I picked up the toilet roll out of her basket and she stared at it/me.

I went to ask her, "Is there something wrong?" and she said, "Can I have that back, please?" I gave it to her and she said: "Don't ever call me love" before going to my mate who was one the basket till next to me (he just looked flabbergasted). He went through the plesantries and she didn't acknowledge him once.

Ooopsie! Little slip of the tongue there could have been embarrasing :-S

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.