The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Everyone had their MCM results back? Ours was 85 this time. Ok it's a pass but nothing to shout about.

I can't understand why a supermarket such as ours is not 100% in every single store? Why is everyone who is hired put through the motions of actual customer service out on the shop floor? This is why Sainsbury's are trailing behind Tesco and Asda and who knows maybe Morrisons soon enough!!

We concentrate on customer service ahead of price and other stuff but according to the MCM half of our stores don't even get that right! What the heck is up?

/rant over lol just makes me annoyed us guys at the bottom with the brains are bossed about while the morons at the top sit on their arses failing the company.
Ive just started full time at sainsburys and I was wondering about holiday and stuff.
if i wanted to book certain single days off, such as my birthday, how would i go about doing it, how far in advance and would this be counted as holiday?
somone saud we wouldnt get holiday until march cause thats when the holiday year starts, but i dont know it this is true?
thanks
hols_bols
Ive just started full time at sainsburys and I was wondering about holiday and stuff.
if i wanted to book certain single days off, such as my birthday, how would i go about doing it, how far in advance and would this be counted as holiday?
somone saud we wouldnt get holiday until march cause thats when the holiday year starts, but i dont know it this is true?
thanks

I started in the middle of november last year & had already gained some holiday by the begining of this year. They actually booked me a week off in february because I hadn't realised I had any! So you will definately get some before next march! They're not too good at letting you know those ins & outs though, so I would put in as early as january, for a holiday form & see what you have. I only do 16 hours a week, & like I say, I had 16 hours after only a couple of months!
Since march, I had 96 hours holiday entitlement! Obviously thats to last til next march though. Ive got a week off in october, 4 days over xmas, & a week in feb, yet still have 2 days Ive kept spare in case of emergencies :yep: (when I say week, I mean my 16 hours)
Oh & I think its 3 weeks notice, but you will have to ask your dept manager that. When you have a holiday form, you mark on it what days you want, give it to your dept manager & they sign it if they can let you have it & it goes up to HR.
I don't really understand how holiday works...

Er, I still feel awful today. :frown: Also eww @ the Sainsbury's trousers... they are so horrible. Not very forgiving at all :tongue:
inksplodge
I don't really understand how holiday works...

Er, I still feel awful today. :frown: Also eww @ the Sainsbury's trousers... they are so horrible. Not very forgiving at all :tongue:

They are horrendous! I dont know what or who's shape they are modelled on but really! :rolleyes:
I went & bought my own, I dont think even half our staff wear the Sainsburys issue. At first I tried altering them, but they still looked rubbish. I hope they dont want them back because mine have long gone! :biggrin:
Spazzycazzy
They are horrendous! I dont know what or who's shape they are modelled on but really! :rolleyes:
I went & bought my own, I dont think even half our staff wear the Sainsburys issue. At first I tried altering them, but they still looked rubbish. I hope they dont want them back because mine have long gone! :biggrin:

Even my shirt is huge! The sleeves are just past my elbows and it's hugely baggy but because I have quite broad shoulders it looks tight on the top and it just looks ridiculous :cry: lol. :frown: I look like a big fatty. And are the orange jackets supposed to be huge?! You could probably fit two people in mine... Can you get any smaller than a small? :tongue:
inksplodge
Even my shirt is huge! The sleeves are just past my elbows and it's hugely baggy but because I have quite broad shoulders it looks tight on the top and it just looks ridiculous :cry: lol. :frown: I look like a big fatty. And are the orange jackets supposed to be huge?! You could probably fit two people in mine... Can you get any smaller than a small? :tongue:

I know how you feel, I got a massive fleece and I just look frumpy :'(

I already have weight issues so that just makes things worse :frown:
inksplodge

Orange jackets? Have they still got the old uniform at your store? Ours is plum coloured. Unfortunately you cant get away with buying a different top lol
Reply 1588
1 week tomorrow and I can wave goodbye to my old orange jacket!!
Getting measured today, i think, for new uniform..can anybody tell me how the sizing is with the new stuff? I usually wear a 10 on top and bottom and am not sure really what to order..incase nobody is there to measure/help when i go in tonight :s-smilie:
Reply 1590
Oh-No!
1 week tomorrow and I can wave goodbye to my old orange jacket!!

We don't officially go live until late-ish October. Wonder if my uniform will be ready next Wednesday though (I've had the last fortnight off).
Reply 1591
Are the uniforms actually really big? At my interview before i said id want a Large fleece and polo shirt but if thats gonna be huge maybe ill want a medium :l
Reply 1592
hii, had my induction and start my first shift on Sunday. However, during the induction didn't get told where the overtime was. Is it normally on a notice board? or would I have to ask mangers of departments whats available?
fizzbomb
hii, had my induction and start my first shift on Sunday. However, during the induction didn't get told where the overtime was. Is it normally on a notice board? or would I have to ask mangers of departments whats available?

It depends on the department. For example I know that on the checkouts, there is usually an 'overtime book' with all the available shifts. However, I know that on Fresh Food the department manager will usually ask you if there was anything.
At my store it usually goes up on the noticeboard, though they seem to ask me first, then put it on the board, im a bit addicted to overtime.
Reply 1595
anyone catch the buy 4 shares get one free poster? quite fancy purchsing a load before i leave (if i do leave, lol).

i got work at 6am on sunday, but i wanna go out on saturday :frown: , only gonna have a few drinks, how late would you guys stay out for on the night before and how many hours do you leave between your last drink and driving in the morning? probably only gonna have a bottle of cider and an alcopop if thats make any difference... i'm not a heavy drinker
Is the DVD thing and one to one interview difficult?
Untitled258
At my store it usually goes up on the noticeboard, though they seem to ask me first, then put it on the board, im a bit addicted to overtime.

At the store I started at, it too used to be on a notice board - but it was soon moved to the 'Overtime Book'. It turned out that some people thought it would be funny to put other people down for overtime, no doubt as a laugh - who would do that? (:p: :woo:)
got all excited today, saw a sign about our new uniform being ready/get measured.

Is the top a polo like the blue ones?
Oh, we're getting new uniform in a few weeks apparently. So I guess I won't have to stick it out with this ugly orange jacket for long!

I've got a test or something tomorrow? I'm worried. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending