Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Oh, we're getting new uniform in a few weeks apparently. So I guess I won't have to stick it out with this ugly orange jacket for long!

I've got a test or something tomorrow? I'm worried.
    Don't worry hun, it is just to make sure you have remembered the 'important' bits taught in the induction. Thing is, they wont let you leave unless you pass the fire emergency part
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Don't worry hun, it is just to make sure you have remembered the 'important' bits taught in the induction. Thing is, they wont let you leave unless you pass the fire emergency part
    Well htat's the bit I'm totally gonna fail. The trainer said there's 4 bits you need to do if you find a fire but I've only got 3 written down, I clearly misheard one

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got a checkouts supervisor (or team leader in training) at their store who has such a chip on their shoulder? :mad:

At my store, we've got this 19/20 y/o who is a team leader in traning and he annoys me so much. He rarely acts helpful and seems to have a grudge against me for no reason. He never says thank you when I help him out and come from my department to help checkouts during busy periods. He's a right little fashionista diva queen, you know the sort. He thinks he is 'above' the job and sees us as 'below' him, hence his severe attitude problem.

ReputationRep:
    Well htat's the bit I'm totally gonna fail. The trainer said there's 4 bits you need to do if you find a fire but I've only got 3 written down, I clearly misheard one
    There is one bit about the values of sainsburys, one about the hygeine in Sainsburys, another about what to do in case of an emergency (fire) and security I believe.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    There is one bit about the values of sainsburys, one about the hygeine in Sainsburys, another about what to do in case of an emergency (fire) and security I believe.
    Yeah, the fire bit is just my downfall.. I know how to reduce risk of hazards and what the different fire alarms mean but that's it... Might just ask my trainer in the morning to go over it with me again

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the fire bit is just my downfall.. I know how to reduce risk of hazards and what the different fire alarms mean but that's it... Might just ask my trainer in the morning to go over it with me again
    Luckily my trainer went through the questions with us.. If she didn't I think I would've failed
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Luckily my trainer went through the questions with us.. If she didn't I think I would've failed
    That's what I'm afraid of. What happens if I fail?!

ReputationRep:
    Not too sure but they say you would stay until you pass it, so I think they would just teach you the stuff again then you have another try at the test in hope that you pass it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Not too sure but they say you would stay until you pass it, so I think they would just teach you the stuff again then you have another try at the test in hope that you pass it.
    Ahh I see. I'm just going to ask my trainer the bits I'm not sure about (mostly the fire stuff) in the morning and hope for the best! It's mainly the what to do if you discover a fire and also those tag things on the fire doors.. didn't really catch what she said... bleh.

ReputationRep:
    Stop worrying! It's a job - idiots manage to make it through the net too. Nobody EVER fails the induction!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    Stop worrying! It's a job - idiots manage to make it through the net too. Nobody EVER fails the induction!
    :tongue: I am quite the worrier... :eek3: I'm also ill... that's my excuse

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting worried about the DVD test, after reading this whole thread tonight I get the impression that it's very difficult and prevents a lot of people being offered the job despite having a good one-to-one interview. I'm also unsure what to expect on the interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john_daniel)
    I'm getting worried about the DVD test, after reading this whole thread tonight I get the impression that it's very difficult and prevents a lot of people being offered the job despite having a good one-to-one interview. I'm also unsure what to expect on the interview.
    To be honest the DVD test isn't hard. If you fail it then you really shouldn't be working at Sainsbury's - it shows that you lack the common sense and would probably do quite a few stupid things in front of the customer.

I know that sounds harsh but it is the brutal reality of it.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest the DVD test isn't hard. If you fail it then you really shouldn't be working at Sainsbury's - it shows that you lack the common sense and would probably do quite a few stupid things in front of the customer.

I thought the dvd wasnt hard but i failed anyway lol. it was more of a technicality why i failed than what i wrote to do with a customer.

(Original post by john_daniel)
    To be honest, its not as hard as people have made it out to be, and in my case i didnt even have a one to one interview, i just had to confirm all the 'terms and conditions' as all call it, of sainsburys
    What i found was, i messed up on some questions because i was busy writing down the answer for one and went into the time for the next question, missing seeing something that was wrong in the scenarios.

The DVD test is hardly a test of common sense. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading up about the history of Sainsbury's as some have advised. Just hope it all goes well. I'm slightly nervous about Monday's interview but optimistic

ReputationRep:
    Oh, we're getting new uniform in a few weeks apparently. So I guess I won't have to stick it out with this ugly orange jacket for long!

I've got a test or something tomorrow? I'm worried.
    Is this at your inductions? If so, dont worry, you do it as a group & they dont let you fail, lets put it that way lol Apparently you're not supposed to converse (is that the word?) But unless you have a real bozo doing your induction, you will be copying what everyone else put anyway LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    The DVD test is hardly a test of common sense. :rolleyes:

I know :p: - But if (Before admins lynch me - hypothetical scenario) you can't spot that the label for Andrex toilet rolls buy one get one free is under the Chilli sauce then that could be a problem

ReputationRep:
    Interview at 5, and I can't find my passport.
    Oh, ****.

Nah nevermind I found it I was having a heart attack there

ReputationRep:
    I made notes from a council meeting i was in, i brought them home, went to take them in today, got to work, i didn't have them!!!! Then on the walk home i found them under a car, which was fortunate.

My last day on BWS today, moving to Price Control now :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.