Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not for xmas but permanent - term time.. so I guess I will be working for good apart from school holidays?! I still really want the job... they rang me this morning after I sent it 10pm last night! No-one else seems to want me

ReputationRep:
    You have to work during the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionsquestions)
    Everyone had their MCM results back? Ours was 85 this time. Ok it's a pass but nothing to shout about.

I can't understand why a supermarket such as ours is not 100% in every single store? Why is everyone who is hired put through the motions of actual customer service out on the shop floor? This is why Sainsbury's are trailing behind Tesco and Asda and who knows maybe Morrisons soon enough!!

We concentrate on customer service ahead of price and other stuff but according to the MCM half of our stores don't even get that right! What the heck is up?

/rant over lol just makes me annoyed us guys at the bottom with the brains are bossed about while the morons at the top sit on their arses failing the company.
    We have had 100% over the last few weeks

(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Anyone else got a checkouts supervisor (or team leader in training) at their store who has such a chip on their shoulder? :mad:

At my store, we've got this 19/20 y/o who is a team leader in traning and he annoys me so much. He rarely acts helpful and seems to have a grudge against me for no reason. He never says thank you when I help him out and come from my department to help checkouts during busy periods. He's a right little fashionista diva queen, you know the sort. He thinks he is 'above' the job and sees us as 'below' him, hence his severe attitude problem.
    I have a supervisor - ex-team leader who dosent do as he is told and generally treats customers + staff like s***. Got to the point now where I can't be professional so I put him in his place. I've complained about him a few times to my Manager and Duty Manager.

(Original post by inksplodge)
    Yeah, the fire bit is just my downfall.. I know how to reduce risk of hazards and what the different fire alarms mean but that's it... Might just ask my trainer in the morning to go over it with me again
    Our alarms talk to us, so our fire training is a little easier.

First alarm "Staff alert: Await further instructions", then when we evacuate "Emergency: Evacuate the building immediatly".

(Original post by john_daniel)
    I'm trying to think about what interview questions are likely to come up for the Customer Service Assistant role :rolleyes:
    They don't really focus on one department. They use scenarios you might use ove r anumber of different departments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    They don't really focus on one department. They use scenarios you might use ove r anumber of different departments.
    Ahh okay thanks, I'm getting quite excited now There's no point being nervous!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Don't be nervous! I am the most nervous person in the world (I mean you only have to look at my previous posts to see it) and I loved the interview process lol. I'd gladly go through it again :tongue: It's really not that bad.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay thanks, I'm getting quite excited now There's no point being nervous!
    Exactly; there is no point but still we are human at the end of the day You'll be fine though, it's a breeze!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the support Will do some more preparation tomorrow and then I'll let you all know how it went. It's at 2.30 on Monday

ReputationRep:
    I am going to hand in my notice and just wondering what to write? I have been working there for near enough a year now.

Also only giving them 1 week notice becuase i have a full time job linned up and im not/cant wait 4 weeks. I dont need a reference aswell :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCD)
    I am going to hand in my notice and just wondering what to write? I have been working there for near enough a year now.

Also only giving them 1 week notice becuase i have a full time job linned up and im not/cant wait 4 weeks. I dont need a reference aswell :woo:
    With my old Sainsburys job, I wrote a formal letter (hand written) in this format:

Dear Sainsburys [Insert Branch]

I have made the decision to leave my job current job as [Insert Job] due to reasons regarding [insert a reason]

I would like to this be effective immediately from the [Insert Date].

I apologise for any inconveniece this has caused and thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with your company.

Yours Faithfully,

[Insert Signature]

[Insert Printed Name]

Something like that.

You can tell them when you want to leave, so rather waiting one week you have give an immediate notice and start your new job asap if you can. Just bring your name tag, uniform, locker key and Sainsbury's staff discount card when you hand in the notice to your department/line manager OR HR.

Hope that helped.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Sainsbury's.

ReputationRep:
    Interview's tomorrow
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Good luck to you both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    With my old Sainsburys job, I wrote a formal letter (hand written) in this format:

Dear Sainsburys [Insert Branch]

I have made the decision to leave my job current job as [Insert Job] due to reasons regarding [insert a reason]

I would like to this be effective immediately from the [Insert Date].

I apologise for any inconveniece this has caused and thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with your company.

Yours Faithfully,

[Insert Signature]

[Insert Printed Name]

Something like that.

You can tell them when you want to leave, so rather waiting one week you have give an immediate notice and start your new job asap if you can. Just bring your name tag, uniform, locker key and Sainsbury's staff discount card when you hand in the notice to your department/line manager OR HR.

Hope that helped.

Thanks that helped alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    :cool: Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Interview's tomorrow
    Good luck.
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Good luck to you both.
    (Original post by danpr)
    :cool: Good luck
    Thanks. :o: I still have a whole week to wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletBlaster)
    You have to work during the holidays.
    Well that's good then - but I still don't understand why it says part time - term time :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I'm quite excited, hope it goes well :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow I don't post here so much anymore due to time constraints - it's amazing how much you can miss by not coming on here in 4/5 days!

I must make my visits here more frequently again.

Anyway, here is the news: I'm looking for a new job. Haha. Sainsbury's can bite me. :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Wow I don't post here so much anymore due to time constraints - it's amazing how much you can miss by not coming on here in 4/5 days!

I must make my visits here more frequently again.

Anyway, here is the news: I'm looking for a new job. Haha. Sainsbury's can bite me. :p:
    What happened? :woo:

Interview's tomorrow
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Good Luck to the both of you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.