Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just went into my store to pick up a few things. All the ends of the aisles have Christmas items on and everything else has moved. Gonna be a nightmare finding everything on Wednesday morning

ReputationRep:
    How long do you normally have to wait until you find out if you get the job or not?

ReputationRep:
    No more night shift premium?

I checked my new contract as it was sent in the post and under additional allowances it only states bank holiday premium. Nothing to do with nightshift!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by RB59)
    No more night shift premium?

I checked my new contract as it was sent in the post and under additional allowances it only states bank holiday premium. Nothing to do with nightshift!
    Maybe they left it off accidentally? Mine has night shift and bank holiday premiums on it and I only got it on friday.

john_daniel- it depends when they interview the other people and stuff. I heard on the Saturday after my interview (my interview was on the Wednesday)

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do you work through the hour of 2? The night shift premium has just gone up 5p across the company, certainly not been removed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Just went into my store to pick up a few things. All the ends of the aisles have Christmas items on and everything else has moved. Gonna be a nightmare finding everything on Wednesday morning
    We have whole warehouse full of stuff, only a few bit out on the shopfloor though so no movement in my isle as of yet, but after next week when the my boss is back no doubt i will be utterly lost.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm going to be incredibly lost come Thursday!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be working from 9pm-7am. I have my induction on Saturday & Sunday.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Oh, me too RB59. Already had my inductions though and I start this week!

ReputationRep:
    You'll 100% get shift premium then RB59.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    I KNOW! They are bloody incompetent! Basically, I got to work on Saturday and it's like "Oh by the way I'm Samantha and I'm your new boss!"

Nothing wrong with her, she gave everyone maltesers?! But it's just nice to know what's going to happen rather than when it's apparently been the case for 3 weeks all of a sudden to find out!! Haha.
    Atleast you got introduced to your new boss! We never did, & she started doing it about 6 weeks ago! I only know who she is because she writes on the notice board

ReputationRep:
    I work on checkouts and on the Sainsburys jobs website there is a job for an admin assistant, can i apply for it as i already work on checkouts?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Interview at 3 :woo:

Really hope i get enough marks this time to pass the DVD :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    Interview at 3 :woo:

Really hope i get enough marks this time to pass the DVD :o:
    Good luck Eddikins! Sure you'll be fine, tell us how it went

ReputationRep:
    Well, that was fun for me wasnt it.

I got put in a room without a tv, so that sent off some red flags. Then a woman comes in and tells me that because i applied only a month ago before, im not allowed the interview, and was then shown the door. :mad:

What baffles me is that she told me i was flagged by HR that id had a previous interview and that they had contacted my store. Why didnt the guy i phoned to arrange an interview tell me that at the time, instead of making me look like a fool and go to the store :confused:

Blargh Unemployment is nasty.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview tommorow... apparently I will have to do a DVD on the computer and then a one-to-one interview.

Any pointers?? I really need this job, haven't heard back from anyone else!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    Well, that was fun for me wasnt it.

I got put in a room without a tv, so that sent off some red flags. Then a woman comes in and tells me that because i applied only a month ago before, im not allowed the interview, and was then shown the door. :mad:

What baffles me is that she told me i was flagged by HR that id had a previous interview and that they had contacted my store. Why didnt the guy i phoned to arrange an interview tell me that at the time, instead of making me look like a fool and go to the store :confused:

Blargh Unemployment is nasty.
    Oh that's horrible, I'm so sorry to hear that.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    I have an interview tommorow... apparently I will have to do a DVD on the computer and then a one-to-one interview.

Any pointers?? I really need this job, haven't heard back from anyone else!! :eek:
    DVD is very straightforward :yep: Be honest - but remember what Sainsbury's wants The one-to-one is fine too!

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview yesterday and I was really worried about it but there's no need, it's very casual and enjoyable. Just remember to smile and stay relaxed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.