The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had my interview today, it went well i think although i didn't have a clue what to say when she asked about the history of sainsburys. Does anyone no if they contact your references as i should really let my teachers no as it was ages ago that i asked them to be references. Also how long roughly after the interview do you find out if you have got the job.
Depends if there are other people to be interviewed also. I'm desperate to find out too but we'll just need to be patient :o:
Reply 1702
Are all these permanent jobs or just xmas temps?
FXX
Are all these permanent jobs or just xmas temps?

Mines a permanent post for a general assistant
Reply 1704
Interesting. Our store has been advertising xmas temps for the last couple of days (well, they're gone now, but they were). Seems like an unusual time to be getting new people on permanently.
FXX
Interesting. Our store has been advertising xmas temps for the last couple of days (well, they're gone now, but they were). Seems like an unusual time to be getting new people on permanently.

yeah i think that people have left to go to uni
AgentSushi
I had my interview today, it went well i think although i didn't have a clue what to say when she asked about the history of sainsburys. Does anyone no if they contact your references as i should really let my teachers no as it was ages ago that i asked them to be references. Also how long roughly after the interview do you find out if you have got the job.

Eeek you were unlucky, I dont remember being asked about the history! They wont contact your references until after you have been offered the job, if you are lucky enough to be offered it. I was told I had the job 4 days after the interview, but that actually varies greatly from one person to the next. Good luck :yep:
Eddikins
Well, that was fun for me wasnt it.

I got put in a room without a tv, so that sent off some red flags. Then a woman comes in and tells me that because i applied only a month ago before, im not allowed the interview, and was then shown the door. :mad:

What baffles me is that she told me i was flagged by HR that id had a previous interview and that they had contacted my store. Why didnt the guy i phoned to arrange an interview tell me that at the time, instead of making me look like a fool and go to the store :confused:

Blargh Unemployment is nasty.

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that! :frown:

I'm actually surprised that they've started acting up on it. Because on a store level, although we had (the same) people who were being interviewed on a fortnightly basis for positions, it didn't matter. As long as your details had been passed over - the interview would have been conducted.

I wonder if this six month rule is actually going to be enforced in every store.. :confused:
FXX

I started around this time (last year) on a permanent contract too. In fact, so far all the new positions that I've seen advertised have been permanent positions too - but they've all been key-time positions.
Reply 1709
WhereIsMyMind
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that! :frown:

I'm actually surprised that they've started acting up on it. Because on a store level, although we had (the same) people who were being interviewed on a fortnightly basis for positions, it didn't matter. As long as your details had been passed over - the interview would have been conducted.

I wonder if this six month rule is actually going to be enforced in every store.. :confused:

:o: Thank you for your concern.

I guess all i can do now, is wait the 6 months, or see if there is anything else suitable for me in the world of jobs.
Eddikins
:o: Thank you for your concern.

I guess all i can do now, is wait the 6 months, or see if there is anything else suitable for me in the world of jobs.

I'm not sure if you have a local Orange store, but the current (2009/2010) Christmas recruitment drive has begun at Orange - so if you haven't already considered them, I would have a look on the website. :yep:
When I applied for my job at sainsburys, it was advertised as permanent but when I got there I was told it was only temporary. Luckily, I've been able to stay on.

So really, its just a note to say that they can let you go any time in the first 12 weeks.
The first 12 weeks are only the probationary period and I think that goes for all positions, permanent or not
It was a close call today, my dad had to go hospital cs he was having problems because ever since he contracted this weird disease his skin rips easily and he had a nasty fall yesterday dealing with pests in my house, he is having tests tomorrow afternoon but my mum is working and so am I, she had to stay home today to help my dad so she couldn't do it another day as her company would get pissed off so I had to try and change shifts with someone so I could sort out the house and bring him his clothes plus to be there for him because hospitals can be lonely.

Thank goodness I found that one of my colleagues can work my shift tomorrow and I can do 4 hours of hers on Saturday.

Feel so much happy that I can focus totally on my dad tomorrow.
I'm permanent for Customer Services Assistant :biggrin: That's if I pass my interview!
Reply 1715
wow this thread is big.

Ive got a job at sainsbos and went thru the inderview process. It's the opposite of tricky. If you answer those questions online well and you get to interview you are in, quite frankly.

You watch a little video in a little room and answer really really easy questions (this video though does take about 45 mins)

When that finishes you are aked simple questions and the person interviewing you has no discresion over whether or not you get hired - it's all done in Holborn.

:smile:
Eeek, first shift tomorrow. Still got ear infection too, not good at all :frown:
Reply 1717
Got my new uniform today, but we don't go live with it until mid-October. The new badges are shiny.
Reply 1718
uh oh, lost my name badge ¬_¬
Reply 1719
dannytee
wow this thread is big.

Ive got a job at sainsbos and went thru the inderview process. It's the opposite of tricky. If you answer those questions online well and you get to interview you are in, quite frankly.

You watch a little video in a little room and answer really really easy questions (this video though does take about 45 mins)

When that finishes you are aked simple questions and the person interviewing you has no discresion over whether or not you get hired - it's all done in Holborn.

:smile:

Tell that to the people who didnt manage to get the job :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending