Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just had my first stage interview Apparantly there's only two people going for the job, so that makes me feel a little better. Lol, she asked if I have an aversion to the cold, as it's in the chilled section

It's literally a 2 minute walk from my halls, so it would be a pretty good job.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Good luck with the job =)

I have an 'in training' badge still... when do I get a badge without that on it? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)

I have an 'in training' badge still... when do I get a badge without that on it? :tongue:
    I doubt many on shift wear badges.. hardly any at ours do, we don't enforce it because frankly, what's the point? We know who they are, and there are no customers, mystery customers or otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    I had the most awful thing happen to me today, it, may take me a while to type this out....

I was about to clock out, thinking it was 2:30, finish time, properly excited about finishing.......

......then.......

....I read the clock and it was only 1:30, i had a whole hour left, i nearly cried.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck AwesomelyPsycho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)

"loose" it and ask for another.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys Don't know how long they'll take to get back to me. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I had the most awful thing happen to me today, it, may take me a while to type this out....

I was about to clock out, thinking it was 2:30, finish time, properly excited about finishing.......

......then.......

....I read the clock and it was only 1:30, i had a whole hour left, i nearly cried.
    Lol, good thing you checked the clock, i did something like that, but my alarm didn't go off last sunday so i woke up thinking i was early but when i checked my phone i saw it was 8:20 and i was meant to be at work by 8:30 so i had to chuck my uniform on and run for it.

ReputationRep:
    had my interview today... just waiting to hear what they say now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)

......then.......

Today 6pm lasted for at least 3 hours.

Well it sure felt like it

ReputationRep:
    Hope you get it polka_dott! What role did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all there is a new sainsburys store opening near my home and they are looking for staff, however i already work for another sainsburys store and was wondering would it be possible to transfer to this new store with new hours also included, if so do i speak to my HR manager about this or the new Stores HR manager? Thanks :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lAscend)
    Hi all there is a new sainsburys store opening near my home and they are looking for staff, however i already work for another sainsburys store and was wondering would it be possible to transfer to this new store with new hours also included, if so do i speak to my HR manager about this or the new Stores HR manager? Thanks :p:

Talk to your HR manager and explain that the new store s closer to home and they will be able to look at your options with you for a tranfere over to the new store- since having staff that know the protocals and everything in the new store will be handy for them.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    And the waiting begins. Planning to stop up til about 3am tonight so that I can sleep as much as possible tomorrow. This first shift will be a killer!

It would appear the days are over when you could simply re-apply using another account if you failed on your first attempt.

As much as Sainsbury's isn't the only place to have such systems in place (six month turnaround), it's (imo) one of the worst in practise. Here's a little background, a close friend of mine applied at the store I used to work at in ~April/May but had some difficulties with the online application system; namely it locking her out and HRSS not being able to successfully reset her password. As she was actually part way through her application (I think) it automatically rejected her application and naturally didn't go to the interview stage. (:o:)

She did speak to HRSS at the time only to be given the; 'we're sorry, but the vacancy has now been filled'. She gave up in the end and decided not to bother pursuing it any further (:mad:)

Come last Friday she applied again, at the another store here for the same position 'General Assistant'. She had to create a new account, because her old one was still blocked - not her fault. She passed the online test (finally! ) and got a call inviting her to an interview. It was all booked fine for later today. So (bizarrely!) I was giving her tips yesterday when she gets a call from HRSS, from an (imo) rude lady telling her that she shouldn't be tricking the system into creating multiple applications by having several (:confused:) email addresses and that she should 'refrain' from applying at Sainsbury's and due to this, the store no longer wishes to interview her. She tried explaining it to the lady who was simply blunt with her, 'don't bother applying for another six months, if you have difficulties with applications, you should phone us - not create new accounts!' and that was it.

It turns out that her application has been tagged as a 'rejection'. So now she'll have to wait a fresh six months. Now I'm not good with dates, but even I can tell that if she applied in April, her six months would have been over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    It would appear the days are over when you could simply re-apply using another account if you failed on your first attempt.

As much as Sainsbury's isn't the only place to have such systems in place (six month turnaround), it's (imo) one of the worst in practise. Here's a little background, a close friend of mine applied at the store I used to work at in ~April/May but had some difficulties with the online application system; namely it locking her out and HRSS not being able to successfully reset her password. As she was actually part way through her application (I think) it automatically rejected her application and naturally didn't go to the interview stage. (:o:)

She did speak to HRSS at the time only to be given the; 'we're sorry, but the vacancy has now been filled'. She gave up in the end and decided not to bother pursuing it any further (:mad:)

Come last Friday she applied again, at the another store here for the same position 'General Assistant'. She had to create a new account, because her old one was still blocked - not her fault. She passed the online test (finally! ) and got a call inviting her to an interview. It was all booked fine for later today. So (bizarrely!) I was giving her tips yesterday when she gets a call from HRSS, from an (imo) rude lady telling her that she shouldn't be tricking the system into creating multiple applications by having several (:confused:) email addresses and that she should 'refrain' from applying at Sainsbury's and due to this, the store no longer wishes to interview her. She tried explaining it to the lady who was simply blunt with her, 'don't bother applying for another six months, if you have difficulties with applications, you should phone us - not create new accounts!' and that was it.

It turns out that her application has been tagged as a 'rejection'. So now she'll have to wait a fresh six months. Now I'm not good with dates, but even I can tell that if she applied in April, her six months would have been over?
    I can't see how they can find out, ive heard that other people have done it and got in fine. It may be because she rang HRSS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    I can't see how they can find out, ive heard that other people have done it and got in fine. It may be because she rang HRSS.
    Well you have to put into information such as Name, Address, National Insurance number sooo I guess with that especially the NI Number, they can view all the applications you have done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Well you have to put into information such as Name, Address, National Insurance number sooo I guess with that especially the NI Number, they can view all the applications you have done.
    Yeah but if you are not succesful in getting an interview and fail the online test your details are not passed on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    Yeah but if you are not succesful in getting an interview and fail the online test your details are not passed on.
    Hmmm not to sure if Whereismymind meant 'rejection' as in Online test rejection OR interview rejection. I presume it was Interview Rejection because then she would have to wait 6 months like he said.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the date in april. If it was the end of april, the 6 months wont be up until the end of october will it.
    I wouldn't apply to Sainsburys again on principle though if it was me. Thats just a complete p take.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.