Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by AgentSushi)
    I can't see how they can find out, ive heard that other people have done it and got in fine. It may be because she rang HRSS.
    She didn't ring HRSS. The agent rang her and told her not to apply again.

Besides, it wouldn't take much to find out - a simple search for dupe NI entries would solve that?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    That sounds terrible, WhereIsMyMind

First shift tonight... I am terrified!

Yeah but if you are not succesful in getting an interview and fail the online test your details are not passed on.
    Yes. She didn't make it to the interview stage (because she didn't complete the application), but yes, the details aren't passed on to the store until you've made it to the interview stage.

(Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Hmmm not to sure if Whereismymind meant 'rejection' as in Online test rejection OR interview rejection. I presume it was Interview Rejection because then she would have to wait 6 months like he said.
    It was an online test rejection. But the six month turnaround applies to any rejection afaik. (It would appear so in her case, because she didn't even have an interview)

(Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Depends on the date in april. If it was the end of april, the 6 months wont be up until the end of october will it.
    I wouldn't apply to Sainsburys again on principle though if it was me. Thats just a complete p take.
    I'm not too sure on the dates, but either way, she's been put off Sainsbury's for good. I don't blame her.

(Original post by inksplodge)
    That sounds terrible, WhereIsMyMind

First shift tonight... I am terrified!
    I'm sure it'll be fine! Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Yes. She didn't make it to the interview stage (because she didn't complete the application), but yes, the details aren't passed on to the store until you've made it to the interview stage.
    So am i right in saying that if you fail the online test and don't get an intervew you can apply again with a different acount and its unlikly that they will find out?

So am i right in saying that if you fail the online test and don't get an intervew you can apply again with a different acount and its unlikly that they will find out?
    It's confusing to say the least. I'm not too sure on what stage Eddikins got to previously, but with his most recent application, he was turned down at his interview (it wasn't conducted), but in the case of my friend, she didn't pass the online test (albeit more technical errors) on her previous attempt and this time, was turned down at (albeit the day before) her interview.

So I guess that shows that it doesn't matter what stage you're rejected, either interview or online test, you can't have another application till six months have passed and creating a new email address doesn't help, because the HRSS computers will flag you up.

ReputationRep:
    It was an online test rejection. But the six month turnaround applies to any rejection afaik. (It would appear so in her case, because she didn't even have an interview)
    Oooh I didn't know that.

Hmm, WhereIsMyMind said that his friend created a new account and still got a call from HRSS saying she should stop creating new accounts to try and get interviews.

So like he said at the beginning of his post.

"It would appear the days are over when you could simply re-apply using another account if you failed on your first attempt."
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm sure it'll be fine! Good Luck!
    Thanks still panicking though, lol! I think I'm going to try and get another couple of hours sleep...

ReputationRep:
    It's confusing to say the least. I'm not too sure on what stage Eddikins got to previously, but with his most recent application, he was turned down at his interview (it wasn't conducted), but in the case of my friend, she didn't pass the online test (albeit more technical errors) on her previous attempt and this time, was turned down at (albeit the day before) her interview.

So I guess that shows that it doesn't matter what stage you're rejected, either interview or online test, you can't have another application till six months have passed and creating a new email address doesn't help, because the HRSS computers will flag you up.
    Doesn't look good for me then, i set up another account as my last one erroed out after the test so i thought it didn't send this was about a month ago i got an email back saying i was unsuccessful because the test was not complete and would not let me apply again. Another job came up last week ago so i set up another account and applied and was successful i got an interview and went on tuesday this week. The interview went well and they said that they would ring if i got the job, but havn't heard anything yet.

Doesn't look good for me then, i set up another account as my last one erroed out after the test so i thought it didn't send this was about a month ago i got an email back saying i was unsuccessful because the test was not complete and would not let me apply again. Another job came up last week ago so i set up another account and applied and was successful i got an interview and went on tuesday this week. The interview went well and they said that they would ring if i got the job, but havn't heard anything yet.
    If you actually had the interview, then you've been lucky. :woo:

ReputationRep:

I made interview stage at my previous application, but got borderline marks on 2 sections of the DVD, in which my stores HR told me the system automatically fails you for.

Even though i did techinally bypass Sainsbury's system by making a new account and applying, i feel quite messed around by it all.

At the moment, im looking into warehouse work. A far cry from Sainsburys, but after whats happened i dont feel they deserve my work really. Maybe in 6 months if im still Unemployed ill look into them again, but i wont be making more than one account again.

(Original post by inksplodge)
    Thanks still panicking though, lol! I think I'm going to try and get another couple of hours sleep...
    LOL! I don't blame you, I panicked like mad before my first shift. :o: :p:

ReputationRep:
    If you actually had the interview, then you've been lucky. :woo:
    yeah i had the interview two days ago, do you think i will be ok?

(Original post by Eddikins)
    I made interview stage at my previous application, but got borderline marks on 2 sections of the DVD, in which my stores HR told me the system automatically fails you for.

Even though i did techinally bypass Sainsbury's system by making a new account and applying, i feel quite messed around by it all.

At the moment, im looking into warehouse work. A far cry from Sainsburys, but after whats happened i dont feel they deserve my work really. Maybe in 6 months if im still Unemployed ill look into them again, but i wont be making more than one account again.
    I think Sainsbury's should scrap this (imho) stupid DVD test and have a basic verbal competencies based interview. I'm sure it'll be welcomed a lot more by department managers, plus, it's an overall better way of interviewing candidates.

I agree with you too. If I had this happen to me, I wouldn't apply at Sainsbury's again either - unless I was very desperate.

I'm not too sure how you were told, (because iirc, you were told at the store) but the rather snotty sounding lady (over the phone from HRSS) gave a rather poor impression of the HR department, and it was rather off-putting. It wasn't a case of; 'we're unable to accept applications from you again until six months have passed', it was more, 'look, don't apply again!'

yeah i had the interview two days ago, do you think i will be ok?
    It shouldn't be a problem. Providing your interview was conducted fully, then you've managed to escape the wrath of the HRSS and you'll be contacted if you were successful (and unsuccessful )

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't be a problem. Providing your interview was conducted fully, then you've managed to escape the wrath of the HRSS and you'll be contacted if you were successful (and unsuccessful )
    Hopefully i was luky, thanks for your help and i totally agree about the DVD test it should be scraped for a one to one interview.

ReputationRep:
    oh hi whereismymind!

how's your new job? how does it compare with sainsburys? lol

ReputationRep:
    I agree about the DVD! It's pretty easy to complete and the last section is pretty stupid, too. Althou gh I did have a mini one-to-one at the end when she asked why I wanted to work there, what I knew about the company...etc.

How long did you guys wait after your interviews before getting told?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.