Turn on thread page Beta

Our manager lets us because it's beneficial to have people arrive early for online shopping, but for other departments it's a no-no.

ReputationRep:
    RE: comments on the DVD interview format...

I completely agree. When you have this instead, you get situations like this!

Incompetent constantly going on unauthorised absense ["no show"] and eventually leaving... the store manager went on maternity leave as I joined the store. A few weeks later the colleague in question started working at Sainsbury's. This colleague served the store manager whilst she was on leave still, not knowing obviously having met her... but the store manager went to our department manager and said "Who the **** hired that girl?!"

Ahhh oh dear.

Apparently, if she'd done a face to face competencies interview rather than the DVD, she'd never have been hired (acc to our manager!) because the DVD had only just been introduced in our store and said manager was ill on the day of her interview!

Oh how I'd have loved to not have worked with that colleague ever. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    My interview was pretty straightforward compared to most people then :p: Essentially, it was:
    "Hi, I'm <name>, the Online manager for this store. Can you do these hours? (Yes) Nice weather today isn't it? (chat) Any questions? (no) We'll get back to you soon, bye!".

Took a month to get offered the job but still :p:
    that was what my interview was like less the weather last december, i even spent the previous night answering the questions like Why do you want this job? What qualities do you think you will need? Why do you want to work for this company? etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannytee)
    Grr! Clock in machines
    Question i would love to know the answer to:
    if you clock in early can you clock out early aswell?
    Please say yes.
    Apparently not, but in our online dept a few seem to do it, so who knows! :confused:

(Original post by Eddikins)
    Thats what that was?! i thought she was just pleased to find a bargain the way she walked away with it in her hand :rolleyes:
    I think I've got it the wrong way around; she was under-age, and the guy was pinching the bottle - but meh! :p:

ReputationRep:
    oh just want to do lil moan, about a different one from sainsbury's for a change.
    RGIS, i wish they could count properly :woo:, they come in to correct inventory and i have found lots of errors already. our store had a value loss of 30k :eek:, my department around 7k of that.
    i do sometimes do errors when i count on FOA and system count, but i can only enter the numbers once each day and can't change them if i find some more. they go around the store and count whatever, their counting all adds up so if they miss one they can add that in too.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry about the FOA, i always accidently knock stuff off when doing it because dominos or wrong, or i miss stock on a plinth or something, just make sure its fixed the day after.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe I have to go to stupid work at stupid Sainsbury's tonight... I've got a horrible cough and I can't afford to be off "sick" because it's not fair on everyone else who is meant to be working tonight - there's never enough people at work Friday/Saturday late night!! One of the supervisers is off for 3 weeks starting today, and there's usually only about a 3 person contingency rate for checkout staff on Friday/Saturday!

I've always been there...with the exception of about 7 and a bit weeks holiday (all quite spread out at that! Some people vanish for ages at a time in our store...) and being ill only one day (and still getting an RTW?! I thought that was for more than one day... it was only a 4 hour shift as well!)

Fortunately though, I have a medical appointment next week so I'm not in next week... Yay!

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Just called back and they offered me a different position, stating something about the other one being strange hours for them. But I can't accept the other one they're offering, so I asked if I could just keep the one they have. The woman got really annoyed on the phone and said someone would call me back

ReputationRep:
    Congrats AwesomelyPsycho, hope that gets sorted out!

I got the job too so pleased! One issue though is that the hours for induction are wed & thurs during the day and my interviewer told me that because I'm at uni, my induction days would be at the weekend. I told that to the man on the phone and he is going to sort it out, was really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john_daniel)
    Congrats AwesomelyPsycho, hope that gets sorted out!

I got the job too so pleased! One issue though is that the hours for induction are wed & thurs during the day and my interviewer told me that because I'm at uni, my induction days would be at the weekend. I told that to the man on the phone and he is going to sort it out, was really helpful
    I still haven't found out if I got the job and its been 3 days since my interview, how long after the interview did they contact you to let you know if you got the job?

ReputationRep:
    Interview was on Monday there! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Can't believe I have to go to stupid work at stupid Sainsbury's tonight... I've got a horrible cough and I can't afford to be off "sick" because it's not fair on everyone else who is meant to be working tonight - there's never enough people at work Friday/Saturday late night!! One of the supervisers is off for 3 weeks starting today, and there's usually only about a 3 person contingency rate for checkout staff on Friday/Saturday!
    I was off the other night because of a cough/cold/man flu lol
    It's horrible working with it! Everyones like "are you ill?"

I must of looked rough! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I like how they have yet to change my 'First Stage Interview' status to 'Unsuccessful'

ReputationRep:
    Still no phonecall... strange. Congrats john_daniel! I really hope I get the job I orginally applied for. Just because I'm a student, doesn't mean I can only do weekends. How am I meant to go home? Lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Hi Tokyorose88

It's bloody marvellous! It's the all the best things from Sainsbury's plus more! :yep: I can't compare it to Sainsbury's really, because the roles are totally different - but Orange is a lot more flexible, better perks, friendlier customers and staff - and it's a lot better atmosphere! No more 80-year old biddies moaning that they're bored on checkouts! :eek: :p:
    glad to hear that

I've just received my reference rom sainsburys recently and all it had on was my start and end date of employment, nothing else. useless.

Have they sent you your p45 (i think?) form yet? they havent sent mine to me yet.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I enjoyed work last night. Incredibly sore joints right now though, and a lot of papercuts!

I got offered a different job to the one I applied for as well, but luckily I MUCH prefer the one they offered me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I enjoyed work last night. Incredibly sore joints right now though, and a lot of papercuts!

I got offered a different job to the one I applied for as well, but luckily I MUCH prefer the one they offered me.
    What job are you doing?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    What job are you doing?
    Night shift, general assistant

ReputationRep:
    whens payday?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.