Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Yayay. Big pay check and student loan makes me a happy boy
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    9th I think? :woo:

Yeah payday next week. Doesn't feel like it should be after a fortnight off, but I ain't complaining :p: I need the money, that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    i've being working with sainsburys since mid may this year. the work at uni is really piling up and i doubt i will be able to keep working them. what would be the notice period?

im supposed to get my discount card in november, once i leave will i have to hand that back:p:

(Original post by melanz)
    i've being working with sainsburys since mid may this year. the work at uni is really piling up and i doubt i will be able to keep working them. what would be the notice period?

im supposed to get my discount card in november, once i leave will i have to hand that back:p:
    iirc, it'll be the standard thirty-day notice. If you haven't already, you may wish to consider using your holidays up. Because I'm not too sure of the policy on whether you'll be paid them in your final wage. :confused:

As for the discount card. It depends (somewhat). I left earlier this year and wasn't asked to return it. However, I had a standard letter from Shared Services (central HR) advising that I would have to return it as it is Sainsbury's property. But I haven't returned it and nothing has come of it. :p:

I'm not sure if there is a deactivation period (cause presumably the discount isn't for life and only for the term of employment) but mine still works! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Theres never any vacancies in london for store positions.........

Anyone got any info on all those christmas vacancies sainsburys where meant to have according to the papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaSilva)
    Theres never any vacancies in london for store positions.........

Anyone got any info on all those christmas vacancies sainsburys where meant to have according to the papers
    There seems to be a special site they are using. Go on the Sun Employment site and find sainsbury's on it and it will give you a link. It wasn't fully up and running the other they are meant to start advertising through it sometime this month.

ReputationRep:
    I got the job at Sainsburys!! I need to call them in the next 24 hrs to confirm employment.... I hope the top I ordered is big enough (size small :eek: )

If the trousers do not fit me yet (I am losing weight but and was not completely sure of my waist size) will they let me wear my own trousers or something?

ReputationRep:
    I GOT THE JOB TOO! I've just confirmed my employment over the phone

I was worried about the trousers too. Are they a small size, or a big size? I'm usually different sizes in trousers. Lol!

I'm really excited I have my induction next Saturday and Sunday, 8-6!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    I got the job at Sainsburys!! I need to call them in the next 24 hrs to confirm employment.... I hope the top I ordered is big enough (size small :eek: )

If the trousers do not fit me yet (I am losing weight but and was not completely sure of my waist size) will they let me wear my own trousers or something?
    The tops are quite big... I asked for a large and the woman in HR just looked at me and said "You might as well come in draped in curtains if you're gonna ask me for a large one of them!"

I'm quite tall. Ahh sounds like they make the uniform for fat people. :yep:

Sooooooooo I had to 'settle' for a medium. Which I still don't have... my fleece jacket thingy. Yay for limited resources. :woo:

ReputationRep:

Yeh that'll be fine. Just make sure they are black. I binned the Sainsburys trousers when I had a clear out a few weeks ago, hope they dont ask for them back when I leave
    Well done by the way x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    The tops are quite big... I asked for a large and the woman in HR just looked at me and said "You might as well come in draped in curtains if you're gonna ask me for a large one of them!"

I'm quite tall. Ahh sounds like they make the uniform for fat people. :yep:

Sooooooooo I had to 'settle' for a medium. Which I still don't have... my fleece jacket thingy. Yay for limited resources. :woo:
    LOL the same happened to me! I got told to order medium top, I wear a fleece, cant be doing with those zip up things, yet I really needed a large! She said because they are unisex they come up big, do they eck! I'm a size 12 in everyday clothes yet I would say a small top is about a 10. I put in for a large last week as ive put up with it for nearly a year now.. We will see how long it takes for me to get another one. My name isn't on the board yet to collect :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    On the notice board where all the shifts are for all the colleagues, my name isn't on there for checkouts and I have worked there for 5 weeks. I remember at my old job they normally put the shifts up in bulk, like 2-3 weeks in one go or something but I just want to be able to see my name, see my shifts and see when my holidays are.

ReputationRep:
    I work term time so I finish on the 12th december but go back on the 2nd January (or the 7th but most likely the 2nd) Hopefully I can have some hours over xmas!!

I am quite tall 5'9" I hope the poloshirt fits me!! I would guess I am a size 10 or size 12 in tops at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats polka_dott That's great!

ReputationRep:
    I work term time so I finish on the 12th december but go back on the 2nd January (or the 7th but most likely the 2nd) Hopefully I can have some hours over xmas!!

I am quite tall 5'9" I hope the poloshirt fits me!! I would guess I am a size 10 or size 12 in tops at the moment.
    Lol, lucky. I don't get that. I think they want me over xmas as well.

When do you have your induction? I feel bad. Only 2 people went for this job... poor other person.

ReputationRep:
    How long does induction and all that jazz take?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    The trousers are AWFUL. I am usually a size 12 in trousers but they are so tight at the top I went for a 14, but the 14 is massive. I've just been wearing my own trousers, and everyone else seems to as well.

Everything else is massive, though. I have a small in everything and it's too big!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    How long does induction and all that jazz take?
    A minimum of 2 days sometimes 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    The trousers are AWFUL. I am usually a size 12 in trousers but they are so tight at the top I went for a 14, but the 14 is massive. I've just been wearing my own trousers, and everyone else seems to as well.

Everything else is massive, though. I have a small in everything and it's too big!
    Uh oh... Guess I'll be wearing my own trousers too. What shoes do most people wear?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.