Turn on thread page Beta

Any black shoes/'smart' trainers will be fine, unless you're going to be using the trucks/pulling heavy cages, when you'll need steel-toed boots (I can't remember which position you were going for so take your pick :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    A minimum of 2 days sometimes 3.
    Cool, thanks. How soon after that did you have your first shift?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Cool, thanks. How soon after that did you have your first shift?
    Whenever your next shift is

So my hours are Monday - Wednesday 4-8pm and had my induction Wednesday and Thursday so I was meant to work on the following Monday.

Forgot to mention that if your job is Customer Service Assistant you might have an extra day where you learn how to use the till OR on your first official shift they may teach you then, depends on the store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaSilva)
    Theres never any vacancies in london for store positions.........

Anyone got any info on all those christmas vacancies sainsburys where meant to have according to the papers
    This is the link I was talking about earlier http://www.sainsburystrybeforeyoubuy.co.uk/

You can enter your details and they will email you when they start putting jobs up on the site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Any black shoes/'smart' trainers will be fine, unless you're going to be using the trucks/pulling heavy cages, when you'll need steel-toed boots (I can't remember which position you were going for so take your pick :p:)
    Thanks I'm in the chilled section with all the milk...etc. I kinda wanted to be on the till, but hey... it's £100 a week so I'm not complaining. :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    Uh oh... Guess I'll be wearing my own trousers too. What shoes do most people wear?
    Well I work nights so I guess it's a bit different - I wear boots, and the other guys wear black shoes or trainers even! :eek: We were given safety boots but none of us wear them because we're just stacking shelves.

ReputationRep:
    I've been working at Sainsburys for two and a half years now! I've just got a transfer to the Canterbury Store which is a 20minute walk from my house at the university of Kent.

my first shift is tomorrow! 10am to 4pm on checkouts ahh

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think I could get a xmas temp position? or would it fall under the 6months policy thing still?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    Do you guys think I could get a xmas temp position? or would it fall under the 6months policy thing still?
    I think you can still apply for any position that is not of the same job type, such as if you applied for a general assistant post you can still apply to be on the checkouts.

(Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    Thanks I'm in the chilled section with all the milk...etc. I kinda wanted to be on the till, but hey... it's £100 a week so I'm not complaining. :p:
    Chilled is good, plenty of opportunities to chat :p: You'll want some thin gloves though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddikins)
    If it lets you apply using your existing account you should be fine. Or they could possibly be using a different process altogether for christmas temps in which case you will be fine.

Many stores that would normally do one to one interviews often do group ones from christmas temps as they have so many applications. So sainsburys might do that and have a different online assessment process.

You will just have to wait until the jobs go up on the site.

ReputationRep:
    could of used the steel capped shoes on one occassion, i got one of those cages and started to put the base down, i normally stand on the front of the cage so i can lift the base off the hooks, then i dropped it to crack straight off my toes.

anyone think sainsbury's is going for a colour change? i have noticed that sel safe stripping are a more reddy colour, and the ladder rack side panels, snowploughs are the same red colour. oh and the new barkers, SB09 RED it is called i believe.

it's soon gonna be a red sainsbury's.

ReputationRep:
    I was catching up on store gossip with the other counter people and they had the view that the other people in the store hated them, especially the produce girls, is any of this true in your stores? Can anyone shed any light on why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Whenever your next shift is

So my hours are Monday - Wednesday 4-8pm and had my induction Wednesday and Thursday so I was meant to work on the following Monday.

Forgot to mention that if your job is Customer Service Assistant you might have an extra day where you learn how to use the till OR on your first official shift they may teach you then, depends on the store.
    Excellent, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absurd)
    Excellent, thank you.
    Anytime hun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    anyone think sainsbury's is going for a colour change? i have noticed that sel safe stripping are a more reddy colour, and the ladder rack side panels, snowploughs are the same red colour. oh and the new barkers, SB09 RED it is called i believe.

it's soon gonna be a red sainsbury's.
    They decided that it will catch a customers eyes more than the orange would of..... so spent lots of money rolling it out nationally!!

ReputationRep:
    getting measured for the new unifor$ms next weeeek
    are the sizes any better than the old one?

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone, had an interview 5 days ago for sainsburys but still havent heard anything, is this a bad sign??and do they let you know even if you havent got it? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Chilled is good, plenty of opportunities to chat :p: You'll want some thin gloves though.
    Like normal gloves? I kinda like the tills, but chilled should be fine. I have a jumper so I shouldn't be too cold. I think I'm just stacking.

Where do you work?

(Original post by sophiejaderose)
    hi everyone, had an interview 5 days ago for sainsburys but still havent heard anything, is this a bad sign??and do they let you know even if you havent got it? thanks!
    Not necessarily, sometimes they can take a while. But either way, whether you're successful - or not, you'll be informed either via email, or txt.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.