Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    I finished my shift this afternoon (4.12 was my last customer)on checkouts, and did the flight bag, put the clamp back on the till, signed off, and put the canister up the chute.

However, i don;t think Igave back my till keys to the supervisor. In fact, I know I didn't. And I am also paranoid that maybe I took them upstairs to my locker by mistake.

What are the chances that this one-off incident will get me into trouble?

Cos it does look bad...I emptied the till of notes, then no-one can find the keys. :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I love work :woo: I've got to wait like 3 days before I can go back :cry:

Isambard Kingdom Brunel - ring up and explain your mistake?

ReputationRep:
    hi, i found a couple of vacancies at a Sainsburys near my area, one for day shifts and one for nights, is it ok if i apply for both of them online, or do i have to choose one cos theyre at the same place thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think you can only apply to one Sainsbury's vacancy at a time

ReputationRep:
    eugenius, you can only apply for 1 job at a time. thats what head office told me when they called me up to confirm my interview. good luck.

BTW everyone I need a bit of help. I had my induction yesterday and today (3rd + 4th october).

Can someone tell me when the next pay day is and if I will get paid my induction in that time?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    ah i see, thanks guys gonna go for the night one methinks cos of the extra pay :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RB59)
    eugenius, you can only apply for 1 job at a time. thats what head office told me when they called me up to confirm my interview. good luck.

BTW everyone I need a bit of help. I had my induction yesterday and today (3rd + 4th october).

Can someone tell me when the next pay day is and if I will get paid my induction in that time?

Thank you.
    We get paid on the 9th October but you will only be paid for your Saturday induction as the cut off point is the Saturday before pay day. The rest will be paid on the following month (Nov 6th)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RB59)

Thank you.
    Next Friday is the next payday and the cutoff was yesterday. So you may get paid for the induction you did yesterday if you get put onto the system in time. If not it will all get paid on the next payday which is 6th Nov

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    Next Friday is the next payday and the cutoff was yesterday. So you may get paid for the induction you did yesterday if you get put onto the system in time. If not it will all get paid on the next payday which is 6th Nov
    lol our replies were near enough identical :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiejaderose)
    hi everyone, had an interview 5 days ago for sainsburys but still havent heard anything, is this a bad sign??and do they let you know even if you havent got it? thanks!
    I had my interview 6 days ago and have still not heard anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    I had my interview 6 days ago and have still not heard anything
    You both should call up HRSS tomorrow and ask if there has been any update with your application. For my first Sainsbury's job, I found out by doing this Good luck to you both!

P.S. I think the HRSS number is 08456023860
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    So if the cut off is yesterday will I only be paid for 3 hours work yesterday? :woo: I do 10 hour shifts and finished 7am this morning ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    So if the cut off is yesterday will I only be paid for 3 hours work yesterday? :woo: I do 10 hour shifts and finished 7am this morning ...
    Hmmm not too sure you know! You might be paid for the whole shift if they take into account when you clocked in rather than when you clocked out.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Hmmm not too sure you know! You might be paid for the whole shift if they take into account when you clocked in rather than when you clocked out.
    :tongue: Yeah. HMM. It'll be a right bummer if I don't get paid for that shift too, cos it means I have to wait another 4 weeks for a decent amount of money... I have rent to pay :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    :tongue: Yeah. HMM. It'll be a right bummer if I don't get paid for that shift too, cos it means I have to wait another 4 weeks for a decent amount of money... I have rent to pay :woo:
    Hmmm well enquire with your colleagues the next time you work which I think I remember is on a thursday and ask them, hopefully they'll give a well-informed answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    You both should call up HRSS tomorrow and ask if there has been any update with your application. For my first Sainsbury's job, I found out by doing this Good luck to you both!

P.S. I think the HRSS number is 08456023860
    thanks alot! will give that a try tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    I have my induction on friday yaay glad to have a job, hopefully everything will go fine.

ReputationRep:
    So just to confirm, I will get payed all of yesterday (sunday) on Friday?

Also, does anyone know when the next pay day after Friday is?

Cheers.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.