Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsburys thread MK ll watch

Announcements

(Original post by crawleytownfc)
    So just to confirm, I will get payed all of yesterday (sunday) on Friday?

Also, does anyone know when the next pay day after Friday is?

Cheers.
    No. iirc, the cut-off point is Saturday, you'll be paid Sunday onwards in your next pay, I believe the next payday (after the one this Friday) is the 6th November.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    Like normal gloves? I kinda like the tills, but chilled should be fine. I have a jumper so I shouldn't be too cold. I think I'm just stacking.

Where do you work?
    You'll want gloves if you're stacking because the cardboard will dry your hands out. Plus the gloves give you extra grip which is always useful.

I was handed the new uniform last month on my induction (17th/18th September) and it should be rolled out for everyone else this week in my local store.

I also think it's unfair that taking into account the cut off date I only get paid what basically amounts to 2 weeks work which means I've got to survive off about £300 for another month.

ReputationRep:
    heh, i emailed HR about the Christmas Temp thing and they told me even christmas temp roles come under the 6month rule.

See you in 6months then Sainsburys, unless i find something better.

ReputationRep:
    I has a week off :woo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Phranky)
    You'll want gloves if you're stacking because the cardboard will dry your hands out. Plus the gloves give you extra grip which is always useful.

I was handed the new uniform last month on my induction (17th/18th September) and it should be rolled out for everyone else this week in my local store.

I also think it's unfair that taking into account the cut off date I only get paid what basically amounts to 2 weeks work which means I've got to survive off about £300 for another month.
    I get paid what amounts to one week of work plus induction - less if it means my Saturday shift doesn't count because it finished at 7am on Sunday. :woo: I'll have about £200 for a month! Budgeting rules!

Nice one, Spazzycazzy :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    I has a week off :woo:
    Yippee

I got to ask my HR today about my holidays. I hope the HR woman will actually be in today!

We go live with the new uniform in two weeks. I can't wait to be honest, I need to get rid of my bloody shirt and tie so I can actually move my head around. When I started out and had the uniform order form put in front of me, I thought, this is my first job, I'd better make an impression, so I went for the smartest option. A year and a bit later it's just annoying lol.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I have no idea when we get the new uniform... Nobody cares for it much on night shift anyway- some people even wear jeans!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phranky)

I wonder if I'll just be getting the new uniform to start with.But should I buy just normal gloves?

Also, I was thinking... what am I gonna do come May when my contract at Uni runs out. I'll have to stop work... even though I go back in September. I forgot to mention it. Oops. :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    I wonder if I'll just be getting the new uniform to start with.But should I buy just normal gloves?

Also, I was thinking... what am I gonna do come May when my contract at Uni runs out. I'll have to stop work... even though I go back in September. I forgot to mention it. Oops. :p:
    Ask them for a pair of gloves. If they don't have any they should order you some :yep:

ReputationRep:
    We started wearing the new uniform yesterday. I love the jacket thing - its so warm and comfy.... and best of all its not bright orange

Has everyone got catalina now as well?

ReputationRep:
    Yup i got the "new" one in november last year.

Yeah, a lot of stores got the new uniform as the refits were rolled out last year, but they stopped those because of the recession, and now they're just getting everyone to the new uniform without the refits.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, less orange. Yay The store I'm working at hasn't got anything new yet.

Any ideas what I do about my term times?

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to hand in my notice tomorrow. How do Sainsbury's do references... I'm applying for another job right now and it wants a name and address of two people... I've got one from my last job but who should I be putting down from Sainsburys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki1810)
    I think I'm going to hand in my notice tomorrow. How do Sainsbury's do references... I'm applying for another job right now and it wants a name and address of two people... I've got one from my last job but who should I be putting down from Sainsburys?
    Your department manager I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Your department manager I think.
    Oh ok then. We just got a new one and I don't know her name though. I think this application will have to wait until tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Random rant: It annoys me when customers do not know simple terms like "card is declined" and "you have typed the incorrect pin".

I had 4 customers today that gave me a bit of trouble. To one customer I had to repeat "your card has been declined" 7 times because they didn't "understand" the phrasing even though I didn't know how else to put it

Another customer typed her incorrect pin and got confused for about 5 minutes before she decided to find money!

Another customer didn't even bother looking at the pin screen when she inserted her card (which wasn't showing up on the screen) so I had to bend over to get her attention and show her the screen to look at so she could tell me that I needed to use the mag strip. Then she handed me the card, I swiped it, the signature slip came up, she signed it and handed to me only to find that she didn't even sign her card.

This other customer had her earphones through out the whole transaction and only bothered to take out her earphones because she couldn't hear my tell her the price of her shopping then when I told her the price which was £15.56 she only gave me a ten pound note and stared at me like it was enough, I obviously told her that I needed £5.56. She goes into her bag for about 2 minutes to give me £3 and then stared at me again like it was enough money, then I told her again how much money she needed to give me. She didn't have enough money so I had to void two items...and then she had the cheek to ask me after only just having enough money to pay for most of her items if she can buy something else because she forgot an item. IF SHE DIDN'T HAVE MONEY FOR HER SHOPPING HOW THE HELL IS SHE GOING TO BUY SOMETHING ELSE?!?! looool

:mad: I understand that customers are in their own world but goodness when you are working on checkouts you get tiresome of customers who do not seem to know how much money is in their account or how much is on them OR how to use chip and pin.

I normally have tolerance for people have trouble with their card and fail to have enough money for their shopping but today it just occurred too much which got me in a less than tolerable mood throughout my whole shift

Rant over
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    oh that sounds so annoying! glad i'm not on checkouts

ReputationRep:
    yay i got the job so waiting for a week wasnt a bad sign after all!!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.