Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Ouchh! Nastyy, Foulish!!

Congrats sophiejaderose AgentSushi, I think you should ring up and ask. :yep:
    thankyouuu! and yea agent sushi i rang up and they were really nice and helpful, wont do any harm!good luck!! my induction starts on thurs im nervous!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by sophiejaderose)
    thankyouuu! and yea agent sushi i rang up and they were really nice and helpful, wont do any harm!good luck!! my induction starts on thurs im nervous!!
    Induction is fine - I was really nervous about mine too but really, it's great! Even made a friend who works the same shifts as me

ReputationRep:
    No managers in the store today! All out doing online deliveries - very short staffed. We had to call in the store manager to do the flight because there was no-one available to do it!

I got asked if I wanted to deliver the goods, but I cba with the acheing neck ;D

ReputationRep:
    Gosh, I'm in such a rut. I'm thinking of just forgetting going to Sheffield uni next year and do open uni instead, whilst staying at Sainsbury's. :| I'm just ahhh. Gonna decide for definite around January time ...
    There's quite a few Sainsbury's around Sheffield, there's 2 in sheffield, 1 a town away and another 1 town away which is where i work hehe.

So you could get a transfer, but like you said you don't know what you want to do in life. I'm the same, i don't think you should have to actually start thinking about the rest of your life from like 16-21 haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    No managers in the store today! All out doing online deliveries - very short staffed. We had to call in the store manager to do the flight because there was no-one available to do it!

I got asked if I wanted to deliver the goods, but I cba with the acheing neck ;D
    I wouldn't mind doing that at some point. I'm doing the shopping at the moment. But I wouldn't wanna do that full time. I dont know if I would pass the driving test though! Not driven a van for years, & that was only a transit lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiejaderose)
    I rang up, they said that the application was still being processed and that they would be in contact when they come to a decision. It has been 8 days since my interview and they said they would let me no within a few days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    I rang up, they said that the application was still being processed and that they would be in contact when they come to a decision. It has been 8 days since my interview and they said they would let me no within a few days.
    Unlike other call centres, they actually do forward your problems on to the store and do tell them to hurry up. I've seen a few emails to the HR manager over someone shoulder telling them to hurry up :

Induction is nothing to be nervous about. You got past the interview. Just prepare yourself for quite a few boring sessions (there's no other word to describe it) and enjoy the easy £90.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I don't think anything I said they'd mind. All the managers here are lovely and crazy at the same time. It's a nice environment to work in, and they all know that the workload isn't thrilling... WOO GO SAINSBURYS hahaha x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    xxx
    in regard to packing, i love it :mmm:

each customer is different, however all fit under two categories when its to do with packing.
    1. they dont care if the chillled/freezer, tins etc stuff is together
    2. and the others do. these tend to be the people with their own bags.

just kinda watch how the customer does it. and think of it like tetris, getting all the different shapes to fit and the bag being able to stand up, making it easier for them to carry
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm sooo glad I'm not on checkouts. I volunteer at a charity shop once a week and I am terrible with the till lol

Oooh it's almost payday. I need money

ReputationRep:
    Im awful on the tills, mainly because i am on them for about 10 minutes a day so i can never get used to them, i cant pack a bag to save my life either.

Payday is very exciting, though i know ill be disappointed with how much i gat paid, no matter how much i work i still seem to get a crap pay.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Payday is gonna be sad for me. Somehow I'm owing the council £300 and I get paid just over £300 this week IF I get paid for my Saturday shift. If not then well ... :mad: Why are they trying to take my money already!!! lol.

ReputationRep:
    Payday is gonna be sad for me. Somehow I'm owing the council £300 and I get paid just over £300 this week IF I get paid for my Saturday shift. If not then well ... :mad: Why are they trying to take my money already!!! lol.
    I saturdays is the cut off point, so thats included in this months. Sucks you gotta pay it out though :mad: Will still give you some satisfaction knowing its done though ey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    in regard to packing, i love it :mmm:

each customer is different, however all fit under two categories when its to do with packing.
    1. they dont care if the chillled/freezer, tins etc stuff is together
    2. and the others do. these tend to be the people with their own bags.

just kinda watch how the customer does it. and think of it like tetris, getting all the different shapes to fit and the bag being able to stand up, making it easier for them to carry

Thank you for the pointers

Today I didn't really help with packing with every customer but I did open each bag for them and they seemed very thankful

P.S. I can't wait til pay day

ReputationRep:
    i am absoluley aweful at packing bags, i was on the cigarette counter for like my first checkout shift after till training (done as over time, since i am a shelf stack) but as there wasn't much space for the items i had to pack them into a carrier bag if they had more then about 6 or 7 of them, and it was a mess, the thing i do pack though for everyone is the cream into a small bag, since i dropped cream on my first shift and it was a nightmare to clean up so i make sure customers don't have to deal with it. someone also dropped cream 2 minutes after the shop opened one sunday, and i had to clean that up too.

I absolutely loved helping with packing!

It was the only time I could slow down a bit, and actually have a little conversation with the customers. Most of the customers that asked or accepted help with the packing (I found) were the more nicer customers and were the ones that you could have a decent and friendly conversation with.

It can be a bit of a pain, especially when it comes to conserving bags! Chances are not all the same product groups will come down together and with such little space, you couldn't have half-bags left on the side waiting for more of the same products to come down, or you'd simply be left with no space.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me what to do when a customer wants £10 put on an 02 top up card?

Can this be done with cash? Cos today someone gave me a top up card and 10 quid cash, but I thought you could only do that via EFT from card to card. I think I just printed him off a voucher like normal.

It seems most people struggle with top up cards and gift cards. I wonder why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Can someone explain to me what to do when a customer wants £10 put on an 02 top up card?

Can this be done with cash? Cos today someone gave me a top up card and 10 quid cash, but I thought you could only do that via EFT from card to card. I think I just printed him off a voucher like normal.

It seems most people struggle with top up cards and gift cards. I wonder why?

go to PLU group, more then more again, then o2 [or whichever network you're working with] and whatever button relevant where it doesnt say Evoucher, then it'll ask the swipe/enter the card.

its best to do this at the end of the transaction i've been told.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.