Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm already planning what i'm spending my money on :gah:

ReputationRep:
    Guys... the 15% discount starts from October 22nd and goes through to 6th January!!

As for packing, well I don't mind it but if I cba to do it, the customer gets given an open bag, so all they have to do is stick the items in whilst I'm busy scanning I was packing for someone this evening, and I was really proud of myself lol, I got loads in a bag perfectly... everything seemed to have a slot.

And Yay for payday.... I still have money left from last month so I'm extra happy (Apart from the fact the car needs tax, and the insurance needs paying, and my phone bill)

& Isambard Kingdom Brunel... for an e-top up with a card you just swipe the card, no need to press anything until the amounts come up on the side of the screen. The PLU group is for the receipt vouchers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShortyGetLow)
    go to PLU group, more then more again, then o2 [or whichever network you're working with] and whatever button relevant where it doesnt say Evoucher, then it'll ask the swipe/enter the card.

its best to do this at the end of the transaction i've been told.
    I thought when you select 02 there is only the choice to choose which price (i.e. £10, £20 etc.) . I didn't know there was another option available?

Can anyone confirm what it is?

(BTW, i feel really bad to the customer who got a voucher prnted, and not have it put straight on the card.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I thought when you select 02 there is only the choice to choose which price (i.e. £10, £20 etc.) . I didn't know there was another option available?

Can anyone confirm what it is?

(BTW, i feel really bad to the customer who got a voucher prnted, and not have it put straight on the card.)
    E-voucher is the voucher that they have to call through. They get this when they don't use a top up card.

E-top up is the swipe card that links the credit to their phone. To use one, you just swipe it, press the amount when it comes up, and then take payment as normal. You don't need the PLU group for an e-top up card though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighthesim)
    i am absoluley aweful at packing bags, i was on the cigarette counter for like my first checkout shift after till training (done as over time, since i am a shelf stack) but as there wasn't much space for the items i had to pack them into a carrier bag if they had more then about 6 or 7 of them, and it was a mess, the thing i do pack though for everyone is the cream into a small bag, since i dropped cream on my first shift and it was a nightmare to clean up so i make sure customers don't have to deal with it. someone also dropped cream 2 minutes after the shop opened one sunday, and i had to clean that up too.
    Do you not have a 5 items or less thing going at the kiosk? At our store we do. It bugs me when people ignore the sign and sit a basket full on the counter because its impossible for anyone to reach in to the bottom of the basket. I just tell them to pass the items out and if its more than 5 if theres no queue I serve them but if they have many more than 5 I make sure they know not to do it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    Do you not have a 5 items or less thing going at the kiosk? At our store we do. It bugs me when people ignore the sign and sit a basket full on the counter because its impossible for anyone to reach in to the bottom of the basket. I just tell them to pass the items out and if its more than 5 if theres no queue I serve them but if they have many more than 5 I make sure they know not to do it again.
    We have that rule as well, but nobody likes to listen to it!
    The most common excuses are "But I need ****" or "I need to get my lottery ticket so I can do it all together".....Get them here then and then go to the checkout for the rest. or "But your not doing anything".... theres always stuff to be done, its not just a kiosk, its a CSD so theres all those jobs for me to do aswell :eek3:
    When you do let someone with a lot through, its always the time when a queue starts to form... you can't win, you upset the customer or you upset the queue

I think if we had official signs, it may work, but as it's a piece of laminated A4 paper saying 5 ITEMS OR FEWER in bog standard Arial people don't see it!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Oh-No!]Guys... the 15% discount starts from October 22nd and goes through to 6th January!!

This is good news :woo:

ReputationRep:
    The pay rise...how many pennies an hour has it gone up by?

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to apply on the site, but whenever I go to the next step the page stops and it wont load the next page :mad2:

site is virtually shut with the speed of it at the moment. Anyone got any solutions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iranair777)
    I've been trying to apply on the site, but whenever I go to the next step the page stops and it wont load the next page :mad2:
    The site is full of bugs, just keep trying it should work eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    The site is full of bugs, just keep trying it should work eventually.
    thanks for the good words, but I've never used a site this slow! it worked well yesterday, why isnt it today :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I got a job :d lol but the position says online the week 1 hours (every thurs fri n sat) and the week 2 hours (sun mon n tues) I was also told these hours when I was phoned with the offer however my contract came in and only had week 1 :s I said to the person at the induction and she said to make a note on my contract and she would see about it ! I really hope it is just a mistake though I dont want to be working every single night every weekend !

ReputationRep:
    Customers are so annoying. I was doing my flight at 8pm last night, sent it up, put the grablock on, turned around and there's someone putting his basket down and starting to unload his shopping. So I say "sorry, I'm closed" and he gives this MASSIVE sigh at me in annoyance...well boo hoo, I'm very sorry that I actually want to go home at the end of my shift, you know, when the store is closing. Did I look even the slightest bit open? No I did not. People need to pay more attention. >.<

Not having a happy Sainsbury's time these days. Good news about the colleague discount, though, that's on for ages!

ReputationRep:
    WOOAAAHH!! This thread is huge!!
    Anyway, I applied to my local sainsburys and have been waiting a week (today) for them to get back to me. Is this normal procedure or is it a bad sign? The suspense is killing me!!! Oh its the branch in Poole, in case anyone else applied there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..LiL MiSs..)
    Anyway, I applied to my local sainsburys and have been waiting a week (today) for them to get back to me. Is this normal procedure or is it a bad sign? The suspense is killing me!!! Oh its the branch in Poole, in case anyone else applied there
    I think after a week its fair play if you ring them to ask. But a week certainly isn't excessive on average.

ReputationRep:
    well I managed to finish my profile on the site. now to find a job to apply. none as cashier or CSA at all. can anyone help please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..LiL MiSs..)
    No suprise, I have been waiting 10 days and still havent been told whether or not ive got the job, I rang up yesterday and they said that the application was still in progress.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by *C*)
    I got a job :d lol but the position says online the week 1 hours (every thurs fri n sat) and the week 2 hours (sun mon n tues) I was also told these hours when I was phoned with the offer however my contract came in and only had week 1 :s I said to the person at the induction and she said to make a note on my contract and she would see about it ! I really hope it is just a mistake though I dont want to be working every single night every weekend !
    Just make sure you check. My friend was told he had a 2 week rota thing too but his contract only had week 1, and actually he has to go by week 1.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by iranair777)
    well I managed to finish my profile on the site. now to find a job to apply. none as cashier or CSA at all. can anyone help please?
    I think most are 'general assistant' anyway, aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teh_samby)
    Customers are so annoying. I was doing my flight at 8pm last night, sent it up, put the grablock on, turned around and there's someone putting his basket down and starting to unload his shopping. So I say "sorry, I'm closed" and he gives this MASSIVE sigh at me in annoyance...well boo hoo, I'm very sorry that I actually want to go home at the end of my shift, you know, when the store is closing. Did I look even the slightest bit open? No I did not. People need to pay more attention. >.<

Not having a happy Sainsbury's time these days. Good news about the colleague discount, though, that's on for ages!
    I TOTALLY dislike customers who come in my store at 7:57pm to buy their shopping! I just believe they are totally illogical and quite silly too!

I also finish at 8pm and I was also doing my flight and talking to some of my colleagues, then a customer came and starting to unpack, I quite loudly said "Madam, I am closed"...*she doesn't look up*...again I say "MADAM, I AM CLOSED* *she doesn't look up* "MADAM I AM CLOSED!!" by then one colleague just laughed and walked away whilst another colleague just tapped her on the shoulder in a rude way :p: and said "Um...she is closed?!" and the customers walked away LOL

I would like it if the customers cared a bit that the store was closing rather than called so nonchalant about it.

I seriously hate that people think that I am their slave and automatically think that because I am a checkout girl and that I scan things for my living that I have to do it whenever a customer tells me to. I personally will make a customer number one if I want to, no company or person is going to force me do think in that way.

gosh this week has been difficult with customers :\

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.