Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Thank the Lord I don't have to deal with them :woo: I don't mind it in my charity shop, though. They're generally quite nice people!

ReputationRep:
    Had an interview for General Assitant yesterday. DVD test was a bit random. Hope I've got the job and they offer me it quickly, I'm bored and I've got no money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhaco)
    Had an interview for General Assitant yesterday. DVD test was a bit random. Hope I've got the job and they offer me it quickly, I'm bored and I've got no money.
    that sounds interesting what was the DVD test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I TOTALLY dislike customers who come in my store at 7:57pm to buy their shopping! I just believe they are totally illogical and quite silly too!

I also finish at 8pm and I was also doing my flight and talking to some of my colleagues, then a customer came and starting to unpack, I quite loudly said "Madam, I am closed"...*she doesn't look up*...again I say "MADAM, I AM CLOSED* *she doesn't look up* "MADAM I AM CLOSED!!" by then one colleague just laughed and walked away whilst another colleague just tapped her on the shoulder in a rude way :p: and said "Um...she is closed?!" and the customers walked away LOL

I would like it if the customers cared a bit that the store was closing rather than called so nonchalant about it.

I seriously hate that people think that I am their slave and automatically think that because I am a checkout girl and that I scan things for my living that I have to do it whenever a customer tells me to. I personally will make a customer number one if I want to, no company or person is going to force me do think in that way.

gosh this week has been difficult with customers :\
    As I've said before, there is no such thing as common sense anymore.

Six hours til paytime! Hurry up lol :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by FXX)
    Six hours til paytime! Hurry up lol :p:
    Eh, we get paid at 12am? :woo: lol

Work tonight. I need to nap but I just CAN'T. Gonna be awake for about 18 hours in total... Oops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)

Work tonight. I need to nap but I just CAN'T. Gonna be awake for about 18 hours in total... Oops.
    i nearly did that, then they realised i am too young to do nights, the best thing you can do is doe yourself up on coffee before you o and try to relax now.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Leighthesim)
    i nearly did that, then they realised i am too young to do nights, the best thing you can do is doe yourself up on coffee before you o and try to relax now.
    I try not to go for energy drinks/caffeine cos it makes me more tired for some reason!!

ReputationRep:
    HIIIII all I am soo excited I have an interview tomorrow. Its my first job interview in the retail and sales sector. What do I expect ? what kind of questions? any advice. what should I wear?.

Thanks loads
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Kateey)
    HIIIII all I am soo excited I have an interview tomorrow. Its my first job interview in the retail and sales sector. What do I expect ? what kind of questions? any advice. what should I wear?.

Thanks loads
    Generally a DVD test (straightforward) and a one-to-one with general questions. I wore a blouse, cardigan & trousers and smart flats... So did the other girl who was being interviewed :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the bank some don't update there systems until later in the morning so it becomes more like 5am.

ReputationRep:
    I posted this elsewhere but nobody replied. Anyway, I just had an interview for a counters position today and the interview was going well until they told me I had to be 18 to work on the counters (i'm 17). We finished the interview and I got told they would submit my application/ interview for other vacancies at the store?

Is it likely i'll get a job or not?

Depends how well you did at the interview, which neither you or we will know. You'll just have to play the waiting game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Well no, but if you bad mouth the company/colleagues/customers they will give you a disciplinary for gross misconduct.
    Then again, judging by all the people who've mentioned any discipliniary they've ever been to on here, they can't get dates or anything right and so on and so forth... someone I know got a discipliniary involving an incident on a date which was ohh a year ago, and they had only been there 3 months and hadn't even been working on the date mentioned! In fact, they were at induction the day the incident supposedly occurred.

However I'm not knocking their eagle eyes watching all of us. But at the same time I think the whole thing about Universities/employers etc loooking at peoples' Facebook and other stuff outside of work is totally wrong and an invasion of one's privacy.

I know, for a fact, that if I was an employer, I wouldn't do it, because what people have to say about working with/for someone, should be their own personal business and nobody else's.

(Original post by Lukely)
    Then again, judging by all the people who've mentioned any discipliniary they've ever been to on here, they can't get dates or anything right and so on and so forth... someone I know got a discipliniary involving an incident on a date which was ohh a year ago, and they had only been there 3 months and hadn't even been working on the date mentioned! In fact, they were at induction the day the incident supposedly occurred.

However I'm not knocking their eagle eyes watching all of us. But at the same time I think the whole thing about Universities/employers etc loooking at peoples' Facebook and other stuff outside of work is totally wrong and an invasion of one's privacy.

I know, for a fact, that if I was an employer, I wouldn't do it, because what people have to say about working with/for someone, should be their own personal business and nobody else's.
    No one likes it, but it happens, and I was just warning them what can happen if you get caught. It's best to just keep negative comments off the internet, especially if you're going to mention the store name, the department you work on, and what days you've asked your manager if you can work on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    No one likes it, but it happens, and I was just warning them what can happen if you get caught. It's best to just keep negative comments off the internet, especially if you're going to mention the store name, the department you work on, and what days you've asked your manager if you can work on.
    And don't forget that if you do want to rant about something don't put your real name my facebook and my profile has my nickname that they do not know yet :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you check. My friend was told he had a 2 week rota thing too but his contract only had week 1, and actually he has to go by week 1.
    I wrote it on my contract anyway so hopefully it gets changed cos I dont want to work thurs fri n sat 6-10 every week no way.

ReputationRep:
    Are all stores having a dress down day tomorrow or is it just ours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setmefree)
    Are all stores having a dress down day tomorrow or is it just ours?

Oh I hope not. When we wear our own clothes the managers go on a security search orgy. I made the mistake of going to work in trousers with a load of pockets and having the "behind closed doors" security search >_>

(Original post by Lukely)
    If I were an employer, I think I would be the complete opposite (agreeing with Painsbury's). As much as I would value my employees opinions on internal matters, I wouldn't be too happy with it being posted on somewhere as open as TSR. Yes, the opinions may be personal, but when it's concerning the brand, it can have a detrimental effect.

It wasn't too long ago that Primark was over the news because its employees were calling customers chavs or something and that was on Facebook; somewhat more private than TSR. :eek:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.