Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    PG in Med & Mid-East Studies

I received the e-mail offer on 14 July, but have not yet received the packet by mail. Any other US students that have/haven't received their packets? how long did it take? did it include the necessary VISA LETTER?? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    anyone? any ideas?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aggiegrego)
    PG in Med & Mid-East Studies

I received the e-mail offer on 14 July, but have not yet received the packet by mail. Any other US students that have/haven't received their packets? how long did it take? did it include the necessary VISA LETTER?? Thanks.
    I received my offer earlier in the year, before the visa letters were sent out, so my experience was different from yours. But I think that the way that the visa letter was sent it had to be signed for whereas my offer letter just came by regular mail.

Have you contacted the School of Arts and Humanities to confirm that it had been sent out? If it's going to need to be signed for maybe there is tracking information?

ReputationRep:
    Notify the relevant department immediately. Tell them that you'll need the proper documents to arrange a student visa before its too late. Though, they should have sent it to you by now; and it probably does need to be signed for.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ktr and Sijia, I sent an e-mail to my dept. asking about both the packet and the letter.

ReputationRep:
    remember, for a ridiculous fee of around 400 dollars, it is possible to get a visa in 24/48 hours, so there is still time.....im in the same boat waiting on my letter for MA Jewish Studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kobemac1)
    remember, for a ridiculous fee of around 400 dollars, it is possible to get a visa in 24/48 hours, so there is still time.....im in the same boat waiting on my letter for MA Jewish Studies.
    Really? I didn't know that they had an expedited service. Though last time I just paid the regular fee and got my visa within 24 hours anyway...

ReputationRep:
    If you're near Manhattan, Chicago, or Los Angeles you can go in person to submit your paperwork (post biometrics). I was able to get my visa in NY the same day that I took my paperwork.

Hope you both get your letters soon!

ReputationRep:
    Offer packet received with visa letter enclosed (Aug 10)... whew...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.