Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who else is working at V festival 2009 (staffordshire) ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've got a bar staff job cant wait!
    I know others going to the festival but dont know anyone else working there so I'll be camping by myself ! slightly worried

Wondered if anyone else on here was going? so I can make friends before i go

ReputationRep:
    I went on the v fest website and found out that 'flair events' organise the catering/bar staff. So went on their website, and emailed them. They replyed saying there would be inteviews on august 4th in wolverhampton (helpfully where i live). Then recieved another email saying to ring the jobcentre as they organise the recruitment (for staffordshire, im assuming they do for chelmsford, or a simular job agency).

I called them up and they gave me a time to go for an interview yesterday. I went, we were given forms to fill out, watched a video about event staffing, the 'interviews' were in groups of 4/5. They were mainly looking for enthusiatic, lively, talky people, so dont be quiet! And then you email or call them the next day (today for me) to find out if you have a job

I'm not entirely sure about volunteering but I would check out the flair events website and email them Or just go for a job, its £5 an hour
    (under 21s) , £5.75 (over 21s). So hopefully ill get over £100 for the weekend, plus free vestival, staff camping, free lunch and dinner

hope that helps!

Ok, thanks a lot.

I'm sure a bit of research could've found that out, but your thread only just reminded me. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    lol no worries

ReputationRep:
    Hey = )
    I'm working for flair at V and don't know anyone else who is working it so i'll be camping on my own aswell meep.
    Are you going on the coach from Manchester?
    Amy
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucky_denver_mint)
    Hey = )
    I'm working for flair at V and don't know anyone else who is working it so i'll be camping on my own aswell meep.
    Are you going on the coach from Manchester?
    Amy
    x
    yay
    nah im coming up from wolverhampton
    was starting to worry I'd be the only one by myself!
    Have you been before? x

ReputationRep:
    Most people who work festivals come alone. Working a festival is much more sociable than going as a punter, don't worry. In a lot of ways it's better, you can make loads of new friends without having to worry about keeping a friend occupied. Never worked V (and not going to anytime soon, sorry!), but I've volunteered at Reading and Latitude, it's great fun.

One of my friends has worked bar at V, from what I've heard if you're on a bar near the main stage you pretty much have it made.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to sign up for that but I didn't get an email back.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't worked festivals or been to V before. Went to Reading the last two years and just got back from Y-not festival which was awesome!
    How about you?
    I put my tent up to dry it out, as it was a bit damp after rain and mud at Y not, and managed to snap the poles trying to put it down...grr hate pop up tents =P So I now need to beg,borrow,steal a tent off someone lol.
    Are you from wolvo?
    I'm from Worcester but go to uni in Manchester..which is why I'm going from there.
    x

ReputationRep:
    I havnt worked at any either, or been to propper music ones. I went to greenbelt fest a few years ago bt that was like a hippy/christian sort of thing, nothing like V lol

I've never used a pop up tent before, they amaze me haha! I'll be very slow putting up my tent, even though i go camping alot, there normally other people with me, so I'm gunna have to make it in the garden before V to make sure i can put it by myslef haha
    The flair events ppl sell tents for £20 which sounds a pretty good price

Ye I live in wolvo which is very useful bcause they have shuttle busses straight there from the bus depo

I really cant wait now, so excited

ReputationRep:
    Staff camping is just shoving your tent behind where you work.

I got working tickets before but i just never worked. Didn't have to they had spares, meant i could sneak in all my booze into the arena as well, free tickets, £20 spent all weekend and i didn't even know that it was on the day i went. I said i didn't want to go at first, checked line-up saw foo fighters and went, it was amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I might be working at Chelmsford, I find out tomorrow :woo:

EDIT: I got the job :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Maybe I'll buy beer off you!!

ReputationRep:
    aha u may well do

eeeeee im so excited its so soon!

ReputationRep:
    hey, im working the festival as well. Don't know anybody going to it at all-not just ppl working, but none of my m8s r even going to the festival. Wud b awesome 2 chat 2 sum ppl before goin, espec coz i fink am only workin the sunday n am goin for the whole weekend!

ReputationRep:
    yeh i don't know anyone else whos going to V working or not working either. You working for flair as well Jessica?.Where are you going from..Manc or wolvo?

Ive found a tent now Hannah..so I'm all set. I'm not going to get there until after 6pm cause I'm getting the coach with flair peeps from Manc...so I'll prob end up setting up my tent in the dark =P

ReputationRep:
    wahey its in less than 2days!!
    okay so the 3 of us should definatly meet up when we there, could we pitch tents next to each other?

I packed my bag today, its huge!

=] x

ReputationRep:
    oohh yea that wud b awesome! am comin from telford (its bout 20mins away..i av my own transport so i get staff parkin!) am spendin the day 2moro packing my bag-dead afraid that i'l forget summat important tho!! yea am working for flair

ReputationRep:
    yeh we should that would be kool = )
    Have you two got facebook?

Im going to pack everything tonight. I really should have just gone straight from Wolvo...got to drag all my stuff from worcester to manchester just to come back down to wolvo again =P

x

ReputationRep:
    yea i do. www.facebook.com/jessicarabbit170689
    just rite a msg sayin that its u wen u add me like

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.