Turn on thread page Beta

Getting the AV channel for PS2 on old TV watch

ReputationRep:
    I.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Ive recently moved into a place where there was a disused TV left in the room by the previous flatmate, with no remote. I've just managed to pick up a second hand PS2 which has the scart lead to connect to the TV, however I can't manually find the AV channel, I'm presuming you need the remote.

I've looked online, the model of the TV is Beko NR32120R, and you can get replacement remotes for about £12, however, before I order one, I just wanted to check - is there a danger that this TV might not actually have an AV channel available, even with the remote? Is there any way I can find out?

Would I need to do anything else to get it set up (the PS2 turns on alright, as does the TV which is just snowstorm on all the channels, but I don't need it for TV anyway its just going to be a PS2 TV)
    If there is a Scart socket, then there will be an AV channel. Check if there are any buttons on the TV, the one with a square and an arrow pointing in or out is the one.

ReputationRep:
    nah mate theres just 4 buttons, channel + and - and volume + and -
    I reckon I'll get a remote ordered then, so I can change it from that

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried going to channel 0? Sometimes that's AV. Or on my TV, AV is below channel 0.

ReputationRep:
    no Ive been through them, they are all snowstorm from 0-99

ReputationRep:
    If there's a huge rectangular socket (SCART plug) at the back, you'll be able to use your PS2/DVD Player/Freeview with it. Sometimes, instead of an AV channel the TV will just switch to AV mode the moment you turn the console on.

Also, if you don't have a Scart plug, don't worry, you can just buy a cheap RF lead that connects into the Aerial plug.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    You could shop around for one of those universal remotes, which may be a bit cheaper than buying a specific one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darrold)
    If there is a Scart socket, then there will be an AV channel. Check if there are any buttons on the TV, the one with a square and an arrow pointing in or out is the one.
    I couldn't agree more! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    ^^ On some recent TVs (and many older ones), the AV channel is actually a switch on either the front or back of the TV, so it may be a switch between "tuner/input".

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.