Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lets all say what our faveourtie show/ musical is.. even if ur not into drama.

Mine has got ot be CATs or Chicago.. but FAME comes close to it!
    I wonder if the audition is hard to get into any of these shows?! does any1 know?

Has any1 been to a open audition for shows ?

let me know

Tribi18

ReputationRep:
    Rocky Horror Show

ReputationRep:
    has anyone seen the jerry springer musical?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Rocky Horror Show
    Ha, i went to see that show.. Its abit freaky for my liking, but it was really funny - espeshly wen eveyrone knew the actions and lines!!

Ru int he cult thing??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    has anyone seen the jerry springer musical?
    No - Ive seen the advert kinda things though.. luks quite gud. have u?

ReputationRep:
    dancing in the rain starring Gene Kelly

i watched it on the telly of course!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tribi18)
    No - Ive seen the advert kinda things though.. luks quite gud. have u?
    i havent seen it but a few mates have and they say it is good

ReputationRep:

I wonder if the audition is hard to get into any of these shows?! does any1 know?

let me know

Tribi18
    blood brothers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    blood brothers
    i love that. i also love les miserables, it's so great. fame has good music, but a rubbish storyline. i liked chicago when i saw it in liverpool as well.... has anyone seen godspell- ithought that was really good. i pretty much like all musicals....

my brother went to see jerry springer the opera- he said it was very funny and cleverly done, but there were a lot of people who walk out because they are so offended by it.

lou xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i love that. i also love les miserables, it's so great.

lou xxxx
    I discovered that musical this year... Our school are doing the school edition of it! It's so much fun to be in even if our production of it is going to be awful!
    Went to see it a few weeks ago in London... It was amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Les Miserables

ReputationRep:
    My personal favourites are: Lion King, Notre dame de Paris, Miss Saigon, Blood Brothers and Whistle Down the wind.

I am planning to see Les Miserables and Cats next year some time. Should be good.

Other good musicals I've seen: Chicago, Saturday night fever, Joseph, Annie, Dr Dolittle.

I LOVE MUSICALS!

ReputationRep:
    Miss Saigon probably. Grew up listening to the soundtrack and have always enjoyed singing along. Went to see it on stage when I was 7 or something, not as good as it could have been (my parents and brother had seen it before and tell me it was much better before) but all the same.
    I took the soundtrack with me on a school trip last year and was listening to it on the coach and burst out singing at one moment, only to find to my embarrassment a few seconds later that the teacher had come upstairs and was talking to everyone at the time. Ah well...

---

I saw Chicago on Broadway a few years ago. Quite dissapointing really.

---

But Hurray! My uncle and aunt called to ask me and my sister if we'd like to go and see a show of our choice up in London with them. It's going to be our Christmas pressie (they're very generous) and we've got tickets for the Lion King. Infact, thinking about it its...hmm...this Sunday, blimey! I look forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    Probably A_Musical_Gal.

ReputationRep:
    chicago, stage show, not film

ReputationRep:
    My fave musical is Annie-im soo sad lol

I've also seen Blood Brothers, Phantom of the Opera which was better than expected, Starlight Express-thats excellent, Joseph, Buddy Hollie tho i was too young to remember, Annie, Les Misarables, Greece, um..if i think of ne more ill let u know!

I wanna go and see another soon!

Also i'm in Oliver, starting Rhearsals at the moment being shown in June! Had my Audition last week and i know if i got the part this week-wish me luck!

ReputationRep:

let me know

Tribi18
    Probably The Wiz or Into The Woods, they're fantastic and cheesy, but the songs are so catchy!

I also really like Corpus, but noone else will have heard of it, unless they happened to catch it at Leeds Uni last year.

My favourite song from a musical would have to be Born To Handjive from Grease tho, brings back many happy memories from school, (and a couple of drunken ones from last weekend, oops!)

ReputationRep:
    Greece and the Sound of Music

ReputationRep:
    Bugsy Malone, no contest.

Although if you want a theatrical one... Our House (The Madness Musical)

ReputationRep:
    Well, i actually have a penis, so i dont like musicals

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.