Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Well, i actually have a penis, so i dont like musicals
    ooooooohh (Jerry Springer stylee)...

That your final answer? (Chris Tarrent stylee)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creativesurgeon)
    ooooooohh (Jerry Springer stylee)...

That your final answer? (Chris Tarrent stylee)...
    Well, i cannot think of a single musical i've ever liked, so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Well, i cannot think of a single musical i've ever liked, so yeah.
    oh. well that showed me then.

<Mopes off home...>

ReputationRep:
    Miss Saigon!!!!! Lea Salonga rocks the house! I actually auditioned for the Japanese professional version of Miss Saigon here in Japan, and got through the first three auditions. I had to sing 'Movie in My Mind' because I auditioned for the chorus. Didn't make it, but great experience!!!

Musicals for life!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    has anyone seen the jerry springer musical?
    My uncle went to see it and left at the interval cos it was so dire.

My favourites are Les Mis, Jesus Christ Superstar and Cats - I've seen Cats 3 times now and met the cast at the stage door. My next door neighbour says they're "Music for 13 year olds." This did not impress me greatly.

ReputationRep:
    Les Misserables

ReputationRep:
    josepeh and his technie coloured dream coat

cats

i always wanted to see grease, but i never got to see it :-(

ReputationRep:
    I think Oliver was probably the first musical I saw, and I still think its brilliant. Lion King is the best though, I reckon. Some of the costumes are absolutely gorgeous. And at the beginning, there was this little kid as a tiny baby elephant, it was so cute!

ReputationRep:
    Cats, no wait, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, erm Oklohoma, South Pacific, Jesus Christ Superstar. Musicals rock out. Well perhaps not rock, but when they are done right, you can go back to watch/listen to them again and again and again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tribi18)
    Lets all say what our faveourtie show/ musical is.. even if ur not into drama.

Mine has got ot be CATs or Chicago.. but FAME comes close to it!
    I wonder if the audition is hard to get into any of these shows?! does any1 know?

Has any1 been to a open audition for shows ?

let me know

Tribi18
    Fame, we went on a trip with school when I was in Year 10, to the Nottingham Royal Concert Hall, and 2 coach loads of us were quite literally dancing about in the isles.

Other than that, Lion King, and I remember going to see Dr Doolittle down in London with Phillip Schofield (of Going Live (heh Gordon the Gopher) & Winning Lines fame) which was pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    But for you, what makes a musical - the songs, the 'formance, of the mise-en-scene?

ReputationRep:

I wonder if the audition is hard to get into any of these shows?! does any1 know?

let me know

Tribi18
    i love all musicals i don't care what it is i will love it!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've only seen two, Starlight Express and Chicago, and they were both brilliant. I'd like to see We Will Rock You though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I've only seen two, Starlight Express and Chicago, and they were both brilliant. I'd like to see We Will Rock You though.
    I want to see 'We Will Rock You' too. Mamma Mia is brill. Saw both Japanese and British versions. Chicago rocks da house!! The movie is excellent, Catherine Zeta-Jones is TOO GOOD!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    I want to see 'We Will Rock You' too. Mamma Mia is brill. Saw both Japanese and British versions. Chicago rocks da house!! The movie is excellent, Catherine Zeta-Jones is TOO GOOD!
    I never watched the movie, it couldn't live up the musical so I didn't bother (I saw the musical on broadway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I never watched the movie, it couldn't live up the musical so I didn't bother (I saw the musical on broadway)
    I saw it live too but the movie was better.

ReputationRep:
    mine would have to be grease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satans_*****xx)
    mine would have to be grease
    Summer Days driftin away to uh oh those summer nights! We did that in school it was so much fun! I was in 9th grade and I did Marty and I understudied Sandy. The girl who played Sandy was too good...like professional...

ReputationRep:

let me know

Tribi18
    it has to be saturday night fever!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Miss Saigon!!!!! Lea Salonga rocks the house! I actually auditioned for the Japanese professional version of Miss Saigon here in Japan, and got through the first three auditions. I had to sing 'Movie in My Mind' because I auditioned for the chorus. Didn't make it, but great experience!!!

Musicals for life!!!
    les miserables

i hope i spelled that right

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.