Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    les miserables

i hope i spelled that right
    Ooooo love that toooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Cats, no wait, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, erm Oklohoma, South Pacific, Jesus Christ Superstar. Musicals rock out. Well perhaps not rock, but when they are done right, you can go back to watch/listen to them again and again and again.
    Oliver, Grease, Sound of Music, chitty chitty bang bang, Mary Poppins. gotta give it to ya Sire, my admiration grows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I've only seen two, Starlight Express and Chicago, and they were both brilliant. I'd like to see We Will Rock You though.
    I've seen Starlight Express - that was very good. I've seen We Will Rock You too - thats probably the best theatrical musical I've seen, it was really good and also very funny at the same time. Much better than the Madness musical one.

ReputationRep:
    Les Miserables

If ur talking about modern ones itd be Moulin Rouge. I loved that, but most people think its rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    Oliver, Grease, Sound of Music, chitty chitty bang bang, Mary Poppins. gotta give it to ya Sire, my admiration grows
    hell yeah, I was raised with culture in mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    I've seen Starlight Express - that was very good. I've seen We Will Rock You too - thats probably the best theatrical musical I've seen, it was really good and also very funny at the same time. Much better than the Madness musical one.
    If you mean Andrew Lloyd Webber's version of Starlight Express I admire you. It wasn't all that popular, but God was it good. Loved it, so surreal

ReputationRep:
    PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!

Once I got back from England I got 3 different versions of the soundtrack

My headphones cant reproduce the sound satisfyingly though (I doubt any stereo system can )

ReputationRep:
    mamma i want to sing and the lion king!!!!!! both superb

ReputationRep:
    cats

ReputationRep:
    Went to see the Lion King the weekend before last. Good but not quite as breath-taking as perhaps was built up to be.

ReputationRep:
    Phantom of the Opera!!! Was very suprised to learn that the original phantom was played by Michael Crawford - the man who played Frank SPencer!! Bit of a change in roles!

ReputationRep:
    hmm. gotta be lion king, sound of music, les mis, phantom and miss saigon.
    cant decide!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    Phantom of the Opera!!! Was very suprised to learn that the original phantom was played by Michael Crawford - the man who played Frank SPencer!! Bit of a change in roles!
    Michael Crawford is a singer from way back. Marvellous voice, and he still does it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    Yea I was surprised when I first heard that too. Did you know that Wolverine from X-Men (Hugh Jackman) has a gorgeous voice too? He's played Gaston from Beauty and the Beast, Curly from Oklahoma etc. He's currently in the Boy from Oz on Broadway...*sigh* he's so hot!!

ReputationRep:
    Phantom of the Opera. Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    My personal favourites are: Lion King, Notre dame de Paris, Miss Saigon, Blood Brothers and Whistle Down the wind.

I am planning to see Les Miserables and Cats next year some time. Should be good.

Other good musicals I've seen: Chicago, Saturday night fever, Joseph, Annie, Dr Dolittle.

I LOVE MUSICALS!
    i love notre dame de paris, i've seen it four times but then they ended it and i was so not impressed. i love les miserables and phantom of the opera too, chitty chitty bang bang was okay but just a little too not me

ReputationRep:
    Grease, south pacific, oliver, and return to the forbidden planet are some of my faves, but my most favourite film ever is...the wizard of oz....no better form of escapism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by on_a_plain_11)
    Grease, south pacific, oliver, and return to the forbidden planet are some of my faves, but my most favourite film ever is...the wizard of oz....no better form of escapism
    Now you're talking, except for Wizard of Oz. Believe it or not I've never seen it. Must watch it one day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Now you're talking, except for Wizard of Oz. Believe it or not I've never seen it. Must watch it one day.
    wow, its been out since 1939 and you've never seen it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astrostyx)
    wow, its been out since 1939 and you've never seen it
    yeah basically. I've just always thought it was one of those over rated things I wouldn't enjoy. Perhaps I should watch it in 15 minutes segments to see if I like it or not.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2003
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.