Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How in the world is a breast feeding doll offensive?

I saw people on another forum get worked up over it, everyone found it peadophilic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqYoZVroBZs

Breast feeding isn't something sexual, and I don't get the fuss :woo:

ReputationRep:
    It's breast in show, what on earth are they on about? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty weird, but I'm not going to complain about it! I think it's a good idea to reduce the taboo that there seems to be on breastfeeding. There's NOTHING sexual or wrong about it!

ReputationRep:
    That's still nothing on Baby wee-wee (video spoilered for evident reasons - in case people get offended by plastic genitalia):

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I find that a bit weird actually, not because it's the whole sexual/natural complex about breasts but because it's a 7 year old simulating breast feeding, something that's definately not natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    I find that a bit weird actually, not because it's the whole sexual/natural complex about breasts but because it's a 7 year old simulating breast feeding, something that's definitely not natural.
    This. It's actually a bit disturbing. So if the kid wants to take the doll out in public, is she going to take the pseudo breasts with her as well? Really quite odd.

ReputationRep:
    How is it unnatural for a child to pretend to breast feed? Surely if that is unnatural then all play is unnatural.

ReputationRep:
    Its a little bit disturbing. Pretending is one thing, but when you have those crazy fake nipples around the neck of a 7 year old child, it all gets a bit weird.

ReputationRep:
    Because she hasn't got breasts! I dunno, it's just making a massive thing of it. Like, if she just had a normal doll, she might pretend anyway. But to actually make pseudo breasts and all seems a bit odd. Obviously a new money-making fad, which they seem to have come to last when al other options have run out. It's like, for dressing up for children you wouldn't make built-in breasts on an outfit even when their disney counterparts have them, and in essence this is making fake breasts. Just...less...obviously.

(Original post by chidona)
    That's still nothing on Baby wee-wee (video spoilered for evident reasons - in case people get offended by plastic genitalia):

Spoiler:
    Show
    LOL!

I don't know anyone who as a child would have wanted to spend their time pretending to tend to an incontinent plastic doll. D:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, why does a 7 year old need to know how to breast feed? It just looks plain creepy.

ReputationRep:
    I find it a little weird, but then I'm not going to buy one! Some little girls want to pretend to be mothers and have baby dolls that poo and wee and god knows what else... why not this? In fact in a way its good if it encourages breastfeeding.

(Original post by tinywings)
    I don't know, why does a 7 year old need to know how to breast feed? It just looks plain creepy.
    In a nutshell :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    It's equivalent to getting boys a shaving razor toy. Ridiculous, unnecessary and oppressive to the child's gender identification.

Young girls don't actually have breasts, why not then get the toy for boys? There's nothing intrinsically wrong with this, but parents should not force their children into it, it's not exactly a straightforward toy and it doesn't really encourage the child's cognitive development.

ReputationRep:
    this is what causes teenage preganacy, im not against breat feeding, (i was breastfeeeded) but this is something stupid, and i do thing that this will multivate the kid(s) to actually have a real child

ReputationRep:
    I'm more scared about the name Glotón - it's an Eastern Bloc nightmare

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would never buy one for a young young child but slightly older than prehaps. If anything it will make breastfeeding more accepted..

ReputationRep:
    its a bit pointless

ReputationRep:
    It's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see how this is wrong. If a child really wanted to pretend to breastfeed it would do it with a normal doll too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.