Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i bought a pair of rayban wayfarer's last friday from the sunglasses shop, does anyone know whether they adjust them for you?

the reason is because the sunglasses sit slightly higher on one side of the face than the other *its not that noticeable but because the glasses were so pricey i want them to fit my face properly* i had this problem with my prescription glasses and i had to go back to the opticians six times for them to get it right

too be honest i dont want that same hassle! i wanted to buy my raybans from an opticians but i couldnt find anywhere that did them! some had raybans but not in plain black which is what i wanted

i also found out today that for an extra fiver the sunglasses shop could have put my prescription in the glasses but now that ive worn the raybans i cant take them back *they need to be unworn and all the tags and labels on them and i wore them out of the shop so no chance of an exchange*

do you think an optician would be willing to do that for me? im willing to pay, as long as its not extortionate! i.e spec savers

sorry the q is so long!

ReputationRep:
    I have prescription Ray Bans from my local optician and they have no problem putting prescription lenses into a frame I already have - they wouldn't refuse to reglaze a frame just because I didn't buy them from their shop. All they say is that they can't take responsibility if something happens during the fitting. Which is fine.

Looks like you need to find a better quality optician. My optician gave me a pair of Ray Bans to take on holiday with me, whilst they ordered another pair for me to change into when I got back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I have prescription Ray Bans from my local optician and they have no problem putting prescription lenses into a frame I already have - they wouldn't refuse to reglaze a frame just because I didn't buy them from their shop. All they say is that they can't take responsibility if something happens during the fitting. Which is fine.

Looks like you need to find a better quality optician. My optician gave me a pair of Ray Bans to take on holiday with me, whilst they ordered another pair for me to change into when I got back.
    i think i do need to find a better optician, do you think if i went to another optician to just get them adjusted they wouldnt mind?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you should do that. I've often gone into random opticians to get my glasses tightened..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Yeah you should do that. I've often gone into random opticians to get my glasses tightened..
    do they expect you to pay for it? i dont mind paying i'd just like to be forewarned

thanks for the all the advice by the way!

maybe instead of putting my prescription in i'll just wait till im older and get my eyes lasered, then i wont have to bother with glasses altogether!

ReputationRep:
    I've never paid to have my glasses tightened. Depends where you go and how sweetly you ask I guess lol!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.