Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone here got a budgie or bird?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok might seem really silly question but hey I'm paranoid...

Basically it's really hot here so just sprayed my budgie with some water to cool him down...unfortunatly I think a stray bit of water shot straight in his eye!!:eek:

He had it closed for a few seconds but then opened again so I'm hoping it's just like if we get water in our eyes it might sting for a second but then it's fine! Just hope I haven't done the poor thing any long term damage

Anyone know if this could be bad?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I spray my cockatiel with a little spray bottle (just contains normal tap water) and a few times I've maybe sprayed a bit of water into her eyes, but it's never done any damage. It's just like humans really, it doesn't cause any problems. I've always sprayed her and she's always been a healthy bird.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks LDVet Have you got one of those really noisy ones? :P

ReputationRep:
    No problem.
    And yes, she is a little noisebox. Thankfully she's nice and subdued at night, doesn't screech the place down like she does when she's out flying during the day.

As long as it was just water, with no chemicals or anything it should be OK. If in doubt, consult your vet.

And tbh, but closing it for a few seconds and re-opening seems to be a reflex action like us humans experience, so it should be fine.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    As long as it was just water, with no chemicals or anything it should be OK. If in doubt, consult your vet.

And tbh, but closing it for a few seconds and re-opening seems to be a reflex action like us humans experience, so it should be fine.

Hope this helps!
    Agree! and remember animal bodies are way more resistant than humans'... :yes:

But your vet will surely determine the situation!

ReputationRep:
    I misinterpreted the thread title as something quite different. :erm:

I used to have a budgie. Cute thing he was. Too bad he had to be put down. :cry:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.