Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favourite/Least Favourite Place in Britain. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onion Terror)
    I hate Birmingham tbh.
    It's not that bad.

ReputationRep:
    favourite - LONDON TOWN ALL DAY EVERYDAY ZOOP ZOOP:suith:
    least favourite - middlesborough...i actually sink into depression when i go up to visit my cousins...its so grey and sad...

ReputationRep:
    Favourite - London/Liverpool/manchester
    Least Favourite - !!!!Birmingham!!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Citywise, I adore Manchester and would totally set up camp there if it didn't rain like, constantly. And Liverpool's amazing since Capital of Culture!

Cornwall is stunning, it feels totally different to the rest of Britain.

I've only driven through Birmingham but it depresses me, the traffic and the grey-ness of it all... and Wolverhampton is probably the worst place I've ever been!

ReputationRep:
    favourite: camden town. edit: also, bath :love:
    least favourite: suburbs of brum.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite: Snowdonia, Greenwich

Least favourite: Wolverhampton, Telford, Milton Keynes, Newtown, Borth

ReputationRep:
    Well I've only really been round Scotland so haven't seen much of the rest of the UK.

Favourite: The Highlands are stunning! And Edinburgh, of course.

Least favourite: Teesside. I can't believe the only place in England I've been to is Teesside. It's just so depressing.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite: Scotland. Seriously, so much of the country is beautiful if you discount most of the Central Belt.

Least Favourite: Bognor Regis
    Liverpool
    Springburn
    Worthing
    Southport
    Coventry
    Birmingham

And seaside towns in general.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about my absolute favourite, but I love Newcastle. :yep: It's probably because it's quite close by and has so much culture, not to mention an easy and convenient Metro service.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite places are London and York.
    My least favourite are the depressing, tacky seaside places, though not all of them. I like the second hand bookshops in some of the coastal areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSS16)
    Favourite: Scotland. Seriously, so much of the country is beautiful if you discount most of the Central Belt.

Least Favourite: Bognor Regis
    Liverpool
    Springburn
    Worthing
    Southport
    Coventry
    Birmingham

And seaside towns in general.
    Whaya saying about C.O.V??

Come then.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite : Edinburgh (aside from the non-atmospheric traffic cones) or York

Least favourite : Gainsborough (a wee town in Lincolnshire - very depressing).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAAirz)
    Whaya saying about C.O.V??

Come then.
    The concrete monster vomited all over Coventry in the 60s. I went there for an open day and apart from the university and a couple of tiny lanes, everywhere I went in the city was disgusting concrete tower blocks/buildings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSS16)
    The concrete monster vomited all over Coventry in the 60s. I went there for an open day and apart from the university and a couple of tiny lanes, everywhere I went in the city was disgusting concrete tower blocks/buildings.
    Its filthy...I agree.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.