Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Jus wandering wat ppl think is too big an age gap wen seeing some1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *-Gems-*)
    Jus wandering wat ppl think is too big an age gap wen seeing some1?
    anything really over 9 years is too big and anyone over a year younger is to big

ReputationRep:
    Different for everyone and it completely depends on the person you're seeing.
    If he's technically old enough to have created you, then that's too old.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think there is a set age that people have to stick to in regard to age gaps. As long as youa re comfortable with the person and on the same wave length, why shouldnt two mature adults be able to have some happiness because of an age gap.

ReputationRep:
    As long as its legal..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpion95)
    anything really over 9 years is too big and anyone over a year younger is to big
    Thats stupid. If a 30 year old goes out with 39 yer old, it's fine. But when the 39 year old goes out with the 30 year old, that's not alright !!!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the age of the youngest person.
    For example six years in the case where one is 13 and one is 19 is way too big imo, but then six years if the youngest is 20 and the other is 26 isn't that bad.

ReputationRep:
    When two people are teenagers, an age gap matters slightly if it is very big, perhaps over 3 or 4 years. But, when its between adults, I don't think age gaps matter at all, as long as they are happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobbler)
    Thats stupid. If a 30 year old goes out with 39 yer old, it's fine. But when the 39 year old goes out with the 30 year old, that's not alright !!!
    thats my opinion and thats what I feel, so whats yours?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the age of the people. The younger the people, the smaller the acceptable age gap.

It's about the maturity of the people involved in the relationship. By the time you get to like 25, everyone should be more or less as mature as they are going to be, so age isn't an issue. At the age of 13, even a 4 or 5 year age gap is going to be an issue because a 13 year old is going to be a lot less (emotionally and physically) mature than an 18 year old.

ReputationRep:
    plus if its say a 19 year old then it wud b weird going out with some1 a lot younger and quite wrong lol
    i agree with scorpion95

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLincoln)
    As long as its legal..
    I agree as long as it's legal then whatever, and like someone else said it depends on how young the youngest person in the relationship is. The younger you are the more difficult it is because there is still a lot of growing up physically and mentally. I'm sure many people would agree with me when I say that we aren't the same person we were when we were 12 as we are when we are 19/20. So a 12 year old going out with a 20 year old is....not as advisable as a 30 year old going out with a 38 year old even though they are of the same age gap(and obviously sexual relationships are legal above the age of 16).
    If you and the person you are seeing are happy and together for the right reasons then true love will transcend all barriers. I personally wouldn't date anyone more than 20 years older than me but hey never say never

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.