Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At least you sociable smokers will have more people at your early funerals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Muffin_Man)
    I agree smoking is cool i mean what's cooler than blackening your lungs and shortening your life?

Very witty :facepalm2:

Of course smoking is perceived as cool, we have over half a centruy of advertising and promotion to thank for that. It's cool reputation has been enhanced even more so now that the Government has taken the harsh anti-smoking stance.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, smoking definitely is cool :yep:

Plus, the taste is brilliant, and so is the nicotene buzz :woo:

Your view on it will depend on whether you prefer your life to be long, or enjoyable :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to popular culture (the movies and what not), I do think it's pretty cool. Though I'd never dream of starting myself (nor would I admit this to any of my future patients :awesome: )

ReputationRep:
    It definitely does look good on the right person, at the right time.

I personally don't smoke though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabbaman98)
    I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm not saying to make friends you should start smoking. I am just stating the simple fact, smokers are on average more sociable and much better conversationalists, for the reasons I have previously stated.
    if its a simple fact, youll easy find a minimum of 5 reputable sources proving this fact
    & no, pro-smokers organisations are not reputable sources, neither are blogs or personal websites
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    smoking <> cool

ReputationRep:
    Wong Kar Wai definately thinks smoking is cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Midnight rep OP, provided you aren't banned obviously

Smoking is HOT!!!

:coma:

I think it's sexy as hell... If you ever seen a girl with tousled hair smoking in the morning sunlight, her shirt dropping slightly off her shoulders.... oh it's lovely.......

Too bad it stinks. And it kills. 'Cause other than that it is very cool.
    I wish they made non-smelly non-killing cigarettes, but not those electrical ones... Ones made of plants. Cigarettes that are good for you but taste like nothing.

ReputationRep:
    depends what's being smoked if you ask me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edge)
    if its a simple fact, youll easy find a minimum of 5 reputable sources proving this fact
    & no, pro-smokers organisations are not reputable sources, neither are blogs or personal websites
    I don't really care what you're trying to prove I'll be honest as you're just being cynical and picky. My proof is my expirience of smokers and people at parties etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabbaman98)
    I don't really care what you're trying to prove I'll be honest as you're just being cynical and picky. My proof is my expirience of smokers and people at parties etc.
    you said it was 'simple proof'
    all i did is what anyone else would do, ask for that proof

hmm, now what mark shall i give this coursework
    tra la laa
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lung cancer isn't cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edge)
    you said it was 'simple proof'
    all i did is what anyone else would do, ask for that proof

hmm, now what mark shall i give this coursework
    tra la laa
    :p:
    I already said my proof, and that was having had a large amount of personal expirience. So seriously stop acting like a smart-arse... you're not.

ReputationRep:
    Smoking to look "cool" is ridiculous. Smoking is disgusting. I smoked for about a month when I was sixteen and going through a phase. I most certainly didn't look cool; trying to suck on a cigarette with all my might, and then nearly choking to death afterwards; I looked like an idiot. Whenever I see anyone smoking it is usually followed by a big, nasty cough, and I wonder to myself... why are you killing yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    I only socially smoke and what you said is actually true. :yep:
    Did it ever cross your mind how people start smoking?

All this I only smoke "socially" nonsense, soon enough it will be a habit/addiction.

Nobody picks up a packet of **** spontaneously and starts on their own.

Anyway to each to their own, I'm not against smoking, I just can't fathom why anyone would start, it has no pro's, its utterly pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    You could say the same about anyone who dresses in anything other than sackcloth.
    Forgive me if others have said this already (I havn't read all posts). Originally when I saw your reply, I though, "Gosh, that's a good come back" then I thought about it for 2 seconds and realised... actually it wasn't.

Think about it this way, does wearing something other than sackcloth damage your health? Unless you're a complete wierdo... no. On the other hand... does smoking damage your health? Yes, yes it does.

And to conclude, Only a dumbass smokes to increase their persona to others and it shows they have no other options because it damages their health wereas wearing clothing other than sackcloth can increase ones personal persona without damaging their health meaning that it is not a last resort and is a better way to increase it than smoking.
    It is only retards who smoke (unless it's a last resort) to increase their persona to others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    I've given up for about 2/3 weeks now, and one thing I miss about is the social side tbh..always used to have hilarious convos with people in the smoking area of clubs :sad:
    This.

Its amazing how easy it is to start a convo with a fellow smoker, girl or boy in the garden area of a club. Cigarettes remove all social awkwardness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skies)
    Did it ever cross your mind how people start smoking?

All this I only smoke "socially" nonsense, soon enough it will be a habit/addiction.

Nobody picks up a packet of **** spontaneously and starts on their own.

Anyway to each to their own, I'm not against smoking, I just can't fathom why anyone would start, it has no pro's, its utterly pointless.
    lol, don't worry, I'm not stupid enough to get addicted to nicotine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahRos)
    I percieve smokers as unsociable because I personally can't be around them during or just after smoking so I disagree with that generalisation totally.
    surely that makes you the unsociable one?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.