Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you been on the London Eye? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the view was brill.

I liked it. Went on it at night which was lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Yer, quite nice, better if you have a bit of an idea of what you're expecting to see I think.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it was great.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was boring and slow. I can appreciate why others would like it though, I'm just not extremely into views of London.

ReputationRep:
    I found it rather dull to be honest. Yes, the views were nice, but I guess living in London anyway, it didnt do much for me.

ReputationRep:
    I went on it once when it was quite new and once about 5 years ago.

It is good the first time, kind of boring second time

ReputationRep:
    Meh, it took longer to get on the thing than it did to go around(which is saying something considering how slow the thing is) so it felt really overrated. Not to mention the fact that it costs a ridiculous amount for what is basically a glorified ferris wheel! I guess the views are nice but I never find city views to be particularly interesting. Mountain views, however, are a different story...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, a long time ago and it was good, if expensive (I think - I didn't pay)

ReputationRep:
    Biggest waste of money ever. I liked it when I was young but recently a friend came here from abroad and I thought it'd be nice to go on it again. She agreed with me that it was a waste, in terms of time and money. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was really boring. It's not that interesting if you don't know what you're looking at and even if you do, I still didn't enjoy it. It takes forever for you to get high enough to have a really good view, and even when you're at the top all you realise is how much of London is scaffolding.

ReputationRep:
    Never been :'(

ReputationRep:
    it's expensive for what it is, but its nice! especially if you go in the evening (:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was good....bit cloudy the day we went though

ReputationRep:
    Good views, could be cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    You get some nice views of the city, it's worth doing once.

ReputationRep:
    Its nice, though i did go on it quite a while back now. Overpriced though.

ReputationRep:
    Lovely view, wouldn't pay to go on again though....just book a flight from heathrow..you see it all then :yy:
    (ok...maybe a little extreme...but you know what i mean)

ReputationRep:
    Been on it 3 times personally i think its rubbish to go on, but brilliant to look at. 3 times because had different friends come visit me and all eager to go...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.