Turn on thread page Beta

Are they doing it on purpose? watch

I've been getting really annoyed by this and I honestly can't understand if my "friends" (some) are doing this on purpose or really bad coincidences.

On Saturday there's a party. It's a birthday party and the birthday is of some girl in my class - I'm not a great friend of her's but we do talk and everything and we know each other reasonably well. Anyway, she's invited a lot of people - but me! A few of my friends got invites and she hardly knows them (I know her more) so it just doesn't make sense.

So a few days ago I met up with a few friends and they were talking about it and one asked if I was going and I said I didn't know about it but obviously would want to (pretty bored at home). Then, none of them even bothered to invite me or anything. I understand if the girl didn't know me but she does so it seems fine if another friend going would ask me - can't see her NOT wanting me to be there for any real reason.

So I let that pass. Yesterday, (a few days after all this) a friend of mine asks me if I wanna go football with him and a few other guys - I said yes. The next day he says that it's not happening cause he never planned it, was just asking so IF he did plan he would know I would come. But now I was told by another friend that he asked him over for badminton and that he would have asked me if he knew my number - HOWEVER, the friend who went does know my number so why wouldn't he text me or whatever?

This has happened a few other times recently and I'm really getting sick of it. I can't understand why this is even happening cause nothing has happened inbetween when we went out a lot and now.

ReputationRep:
    Option a) You are being paranoid.

Option b) You are annoying and your friends don't like you any more. They are trying to get rid of you.

Only you know which one it is. I don't think you'll be able to get the truth out of any of us.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm thats weird..how about asking them why they're behaving like that

I would ask but then I'm worried that if it is a big coincidence then it will look quite bad that I think they're trying to distance themselves from me if they really aren't.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe make your own plans and invite them along rather than relying on others to make plans and then invite you?

ReputationRep:
    Dyu listen to Black Sabbath?

Coz you're being damn paranoid, dude.

ReputationRep:
    Your friends probably just didn't think of inviting you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timetokill)
    Maybe make your own plans and invite them along rather than relying on others to make plans and then invite you?
    This is a good idea! OP, listen to this girl!

(Original post by x y z)
    Your friends probably just didn't think of inviting you.
    I can understand that but when we're talking about it (well they were) and they even asked me and then not to even ask - it was like they didn't want me to come - I mean I can understand forgetting but we were talking about it, not like they could really not have thought about it.

I have tried making my own plans but many of them just get lazy and say they don't want to come (even though they complain about being bored at home) so that just doesn't work either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

On Saturday there's a party. It's a birthday party and the birthday is of some girl in my class - I'm not a great friend of her's but we do talk and everything and we know each other reasonably well. Anyway, she's invited a lot of people - but me! A few of my friends got invites and she hardly knows them (I know her more) so it just doesn't make sense.
    this has happened to me before, The day after the party the host came up to me and was like "hey! why weren't you at my party!" I said "you didn't invite me" he looked genuinely shocked- he thought he had invited me. could just be an honest mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I can understand that but when we're talking about it (well they were) and they even asked me and then not to even ask - it was like they didn't want me to come - I mean I can understand forgetting but we were talking about it, not like they could really not have thought about it.

I have tried making my own plans but many of them just get lazy and say they don't want to come (even though they complain about being bored at home) so that just doesn't work either.
    Ah that does sound frustrating. I know how you feel.

But it most probably is not intentional, so you shouldn't take it to heart.

If you live near some friends, go round theirs or ask them round yours, then organize something then.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.