Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Parents going America watch

ReputationRep:
    My rents are going America and have asked me what I want, since they spent like £4K on this holiday for them and my little bro and I'm not going I can basically rinse them for clothes

So I want some converse that I can't find here, these ones:

http://www.converse.com/#/products/s...ktaylor/109094

What else is out in the US in terms of hi tops or cool jeans or like unusual cardigans or tshirts or jackets or anything really that I can't get over here, I will probably order a few specific items of them and get cash out of them to buy stuff over here

If you suggest something that gets added to the list I'll give you reps :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    If you wear Levis, they are always dead cheap in the States.

Errrrrm...I'm not so good on men's shopping I'm afraid, but I'll have a think! Perhaps check out www.drugstore.com or www.sephora.com for any men's skincare or aftershave brands that are only available over there too.

ReputationRep:
    pift... my parents are taking my sister to america as well.... wish they would buy me loads of clothes etc while there! but hum yeh get some converse, they have loads better styles than here.

ReputationRep:
    Get Abercrombie stuff! I wish someone would go and buy me clothes from america

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you ask if you can order some clothes on the internet, using their credit card or whatever, and have it delivered to their hotel? If this won't work, then sorry, it's just an idea to get exactly what you want, using their cash, without having to pay all the import taxes

ReputationRep:
    tell them to get you some billionaire boys club t-shirts and jeans..they're mint..and you can only get good quality ones in the US..

http://www.bbcicecream.com/store/bbc_tshirts.html

(Original post by CN9)
    Get Abercrombie stuff! I wish someone would go and buy me clothes from america
    Can someone please tell me what is so ''fascinating'' about Abercrombie?? :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Can someone please tell me what is so ''fascinating'' about Abercrombie?? :confused: :confused:
    It's what all the "cool" kids wear. Apparently.

(Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    It's what all the "cool" kids wear. Apparently.
    Yet so ridiculously overpriced??? and JW :confused: What's wrong with going into places like H&M and etc and getting a hoody from there???? :dontknow: URGH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    My rents are going America and have asked me what I want, since they spent like £4K on this holiday for them and my little bro and I'm not going I can basically rinse them for clothes

What else is out in the US in terms of hi tops or cool jeans or like unusual cardigans or tshirts or jackets or anything really that I can't get over here, I will probably order a few specific items of them and get cash out of them to buy stuff over here

If you suggest something that gets added to the list I'll give you reps :awesome:
    Rinse for clothes = I like it. =)

Umm, for a boy? Ralph Lauren...? Smart or casual wear, you can't go wrong. Won't go out of fashion like the trendy brands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

Going to America

Woah, those are quite expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

get the real ed hardy clothes!! you can get them here but theyr really expensive!
    and henleys etc all thats much cheaper their =)
    i think people customise their trainers for verrry cheap in the states tooo.....
    um and feel free to buy me the real bloomindales brown bag =) haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

Billionaire Boys club and Ice cream -

ReputationRep:
    tell them to buy you everything from hot topic. sorted:top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennh)
    Going to America

Woah, those are quite expensive!
    Only quoting you because I noticed you're an Exeter person, and we all rule

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    Only quoting you because I noticed you're an Exeter person, and we all rule

:awesome:

Exeter = love. I have seen you around on similar posts (parfois en français n'est-ce pas? :cool: )

ReputationRep:
    Oui oui, c'est ça :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    Why don't you ask if you can order some clothes on the internet, using their credit card or whatever, and have it delivered to their hotel? If this won't work, then sorry, it's just an idea to get exactly what you want, using their cash, without having to pay all the import taxes
    Good idea! I might do this

I'm not too keen on abercrombie, I want these though http://www.abercrombie.co.uk/webapp/...-1_12224_12202

If they aren't like significantly cheaper over there however I won't bother, will also get some BBC t-shirts

Any specific trainers anyone seen over there that I can't get here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Good idea! I might do this

I'm not too keen on abercrombie, I want these though http://www.abercrombie.co.uk/webapp/...-1_12224_12202

If they aren't like significantly cheaper over there however I won't bother, will also get some BBC t-shirts

Any specific trainers anyone seen over there that I can't get here?
    Can you buy from Zappos in the UK? They have everything, so perhaps you should browse them first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Yet so ridiculously overpriced??? and JW :confused: What's wrong with going into places like H&M and etc and getting a hoody from there???? :dontknow: URGH.
    Oh I know, tell me about it. Living in America, I'm surrounded by A&F clones, and it has got to the point where I find it rather amusing.

I was once told I'm "not cool" because I don't have a single A&F item in my wardrobe. Fine with me!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.