Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    Oh I know, tell me about it. Living in America, I'm surrounded by A&F clones, and it has got to the point where I find it rather amusing.

I was once told I'm "not cool" because I don't have a single A&F item in my wardrobe. Fine with me!
    Seriously?? . . :confused: Gawd . . .I just find it ridiculously overpriced - never been into the shops, but the bits people have posted on tsr, im like why?? just go to a place like H&M or something and get it from there . . .FARRRR cheaper.

But I guess if people wish to blow their money on a ''name'' and ''join the ''cool'' club'' then let them carry on. I for one am not conforming to the JW, A&F club.

ReputationRep:
    [INDENT]
    (Original post by a_t)

I'm not too keen on abercrombie, I want these though http://www.abercrombie.co.uk/webapp/...-1_12224_12202

If they aren't like significantly cheaper over there however I won't bother, will also get some BBC t-shirts
    As far as I know, Abercrombie sells £-for-$, so they'd be $60 in the US. I didn't see the fuss about Abercrombie when I was there!

My favourite US shop is Forever 21 but I don't know if it's your style - it's a cheap version of Topshop/Topman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Seriously?? . . :confused: Gawd . . .I just find it ridiculously overpriced - never been into the shops, but the bits people have posted on tsr, im like why?? just go to a place like H&M or something and gfet it from there . . .FARRRR cheaper.

But I guess if people wish to blow their money on a ''name'' and ''join the ''cool'' club'' then let them carry on. I for one am not comforming to the JW, A&F club.
    Oh yeah, it was one of my cousin's friends who said that to me, she looked at me like I was some kind of freak.

One of my main gripes with A&F, is they only employ flawless looking people to work in their stores, and I think it's a manipulative sales tactic on their part. It's like they want consumers to think, 'if I shop in A&F, if I wear A&F, I too will be beautiful'. Perhaps I just read too much into it though!

(Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    Oh yeah, it was one of my cousin's friends who said that to me, she looked at me like I was some kind of freak.

One of my main gripes with A&F, is they only employ flawless looking people to work in their stores, and I think it's a manipulative sales tactic on their part. It's like they want consumers to think, 'if I shop in A&F, if I wear A&F, I too will be beautiful'. Perhaps I just read too much into it though!
    Hmmm interesting thought there . . . Im coming over to the US next year, so I will have a browse in their store just to see if what you said, fits well. Im always interested in things like that - very clever way of sales, marketing technique!

ReputationRep:
    Look on the websites for American Eagle, Wet Seal, Forever 21 etc...if you want anything from Gap or H&M it'll be loads cheaper there...whereabouts in America are they going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    Look on the websites for American Eagle, Wet Seal, Forever 21 etc...if you want anything from Gap or H&M it'll be loads cheaper there...whereabouts in America are they going?
    Florida ¬_¬

If it was a big city e.g. NY, LA, Chicago, I would have gone with

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please tell me what is so ''fascinating'' about Abercrombie?? :confused: :confused:
    Just inside the door of the one in Times Square you can have your photo taken with a topless (male) tanned model. There always seems to be queues. That about sums up the brand and more often than not the customer really.

(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Just inside the door of the one in Times Square you can have your photo taken with a topless (male) tanned model. There always seems to be queues. That about sums up the brand and more often than not the customer really.
    Ahhh - my friend's sister has gone out to the US for the summer and she has been adding photo's every week. There was a picture of her pressed up against this naked topless man and I thought ''WTF''?? . . .Now what you've just said confirms my WTF thinking lol:p: :o:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh - my friend's sister has gone out to the US for the summer and she has been adding photo's every week. There was a picture of her pressed up against this naked topless man and I thought ''WTF''?? . . .Now what you've just said confirms my WTF thinking lol:p: :o:
    Ahaha yeah there you go. Mental. :yes:

Might be funny to do in a sort of ironic, 'can't do this at home!" way, but I suspect most of them seriously enjoy it.

(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Ahaha yeah there you go. Mental. :yes:

Might be funny to do in a sort of ironic, 'can't do this at home!" way, but I suspect most of them seriously enjoy it.
    Tbh I think the majority of people do the most outrageous things whilst on holiday and wouldn't' dream of doing so back home - so I guess its prob. why they all went ahead and go nuts for 5mins! lol 5mins of ''fame'' lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    How much will these be over there?

http://www.abercrombie.co.uk/webapp/...12224_-1_12202

I ain't paying £60

Drew up a shopping list 10 items so far what do you think is better

These http://www.converse.com/#/products/s...purcell/110871

Or These http://www.suprafootwear.com/footwea...34003GRY-FA09/

ReputationRep:
    A&F
    Hollister
    American Eagle
    Ruehl

What about proper designer stuff; Armani, Versace etc?
    I'd go for jewelry; Marc Jacobs watch & a Chanel bag :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    How much will these be over there?

http://www.abercrombie.co.uk/webapp/...12224_-1_12202

I ain't paying £60

Drew up a shopping list 10 items so far what do you think is better

These http://www.converse.com/#/products/s...purcell/110871

Or These http://www.suprafootwear.com/footwea...34003GRY-FA09/
    I would have imagined the fitch sweatpants to cost around £25ish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    A&F
    Hollister
    American Eagle
    Ruehl

What about proper designer stuff; Armani, Versace etc?
    I'd go for jewelry; Marc Jacobs watch & a Chanel bag :love:
    I don't want my parents to pay that sort of money for me to be honest, the list I've given them is about $700 as it is, I have lots of superbrand stuff I've bought myself but it would be a bit unfair to ask more of them >_<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I don't want my parents to pay that sort of money for me to be honest, the list I've given them is about $700 as it is, I have lots of superbrand stuff I've bought myself but it would be a bit unfair to ask more of them >_<
    Well you'd be getting them like 50% cheaper- call it an investment :yes:
    I'd pay myself for the extra stuff (if I had the money)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.