Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to student finance online, they have assessed it and they are sending me out something to sign.

Now my brother got a grand of around £1600, which is what i can get, but how do you actually apply for the grant???

I have applied for the loans through student finance, i selected the maximum amount.

ReputationRep:
    You would've applied for grants at the same time you applied for your loans.

ReputationRep:
    You get the grant off your University.

ReputationRep:
    when i applied for my loans, nothing came up about a grant though. Im confused.

ReputationRep:
    I have a picture of the letter on the student finance site, there is no grant on it, just tuition loan and maintenance loan, my brothers has his grant on it, mine doesn't, what have i done wrong??

ReputationRep:
    You have to apply for it at the time of applying for loans.

And one question mark will do.

ReputationRep:
    nothing came up to do with a grant though when applying

ReputationRep:
    heres the letter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eng789)
    heres the letter

It looks like you've been non income assessed. They'll assess you again when they've cleared a bit of the backlog, and you'll get your grants and things then. They are non income assessing people first, so that everyone starts university with some money. Don't worry, just sign it, send it back, and wait for another one.

ReputationRep:
    I sent filled out the first form online about a week ago, am i too late? will I get the money before I start uni?

My status says: approved , awaiting signature.

I have not been income assessed for my parents to get a grant though....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.