Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xtrm2Matt)
    Is there any way to see how much you've used?

Reason I ask is that I've just moved house and have been tethering my iPhone for its connection when I couldn't use my T-Mobile dongle. I had my XBOX download about 300MB and I've been streaming Radio 1 for an hour or so for the past 4-5 days!

EDIT: Found it on the iPhone just now (Settings -> General -> Usage -> Cellular Network Data). 21.9MB sent and 646MB received in 4-5 days. Whoops

So you can use the tethering to play on XBL? Withouth any issues of lag/ latency?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skribla)
    So you can use the tethering to play on XBL? Withouth any issues of lag/ latency?
    Doesn't say he used it to play online, just to download stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Doesn't say he used it to play online, just to download stuff.
    yep - I know that. I'm more asking, about that, although the way i quoted it makes it look like i didn't

ReputationRep:
    I rang up o2 yesterday with a few problems with my iPhone, they solved everythin' bless 'em.

During the call I also enquired about the 'Unlimited Web' bolt-on I had. According to the rather friendly Scottish kid, it is literally 'unlimited', so long as you aren't constantly streaming 24/7. Therefore browse and download however you please, just don't take the piss with constant downloading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skribla)
    I didn't try actually playing online with it I'm afraid!

Had my T-Mobile Mobile Broadband dongle for that and it worked fine Odd slight-lag spike here and there but perfectly fine otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    @ RSJ: you're right, it's unlimited (though you probably knew that), though I had always wondered what the fair usage policy has actually meant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonCha)
    @ RSJ: you're right, it's unlimited (though you probably knew that), though I had always wondered what the fair usage policy has actually meant.
    Different companies have different definitions which they should tell you if you ask them. With most broadband it is so long as you're not hugely impacting the service for other users on a continual basis - i.e. downloading/ torrenting 24/7. I believe with the iPhone it is the same; as already stated in this thread.

I think I also have an email from O2 where they said not to worry about it and that unlimited is defined on the basis above

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.