Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just nearly hit a young toddler when driving along. I was just getting up to speed maybe around 30mph and a toddler ran out straight out of a shop and onto the road, stopping just before the car as her mum screamed her name.

I slowed down, but I think if she kept running it would have been close. It's good to have a shock once in a while but its on my mind so much.I'm just glad the young child is alright.

Thats why it's 30.

So ?

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of The Machinist. Watch it, tis a good film.

ReputationRep:
    What's the point here?

ReputationRep:
    glad you didn't hit her.

ReputationRep:
    sorry this thread was pretty pointless.

ReputationRep:
    If you were going 40 you'd have already got past the child before it ran out into the road.

ReputationRep:
    What do you want, a medal?

ReputationRep:
    okay then..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steeps)
    If you were going 40 you'd have already got past the child before it ran out into the road.
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    You can't let something like that shake your confidence when driving, just be glad you didn't hit the kid and remember that you did nothing wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steeps)
    good answer bro...

ReputationRep:
    Christ. What's with everyone.
    So he wanted to get it off his chest.. what's the big deal? There's a ridiculous amount of crapola on here.

edit: oh god, TSR is making me so bitter

ReputationRep:
    I had a crash a few months ago (no one was injured) and it was definately their fault, but it has completely knocked my confidence - I avoid roundabouts as much as I can now, and whenever I'm on one I get really tense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elucidation)
    Christ. What's with everyone.
    So he wanted to get it off his chest.. what's the big deal? There's a ridiculous amount of crapola on here.

edit: oh god, TSR is making me so bitter
    Yeah but even those ridiculous threads would normally ask a question or something. I might as well start a thread on what I had for dinner :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel bad, blame the irresponsible parents who let their kids run onto the road!

ReputationRep:
    She shouldn't have run out in front of you....if you'd hit it it wouldn't have been your fault (although not a nice experience).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Yeah but even those ridiculous threads would normally ask a question or something. I might as well start a thread on what I had for dinner :rolleyes:
    Ooo! please do! Those kinda threads make me happy I do love getting ideas for dinner!!! and reading about food is almost as good as eating it. lol

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry buddy, you'll get it next time! :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    what are you asking for in this thread

or is this just one of those thoughts and feelings threads?

well lucky you for missing him

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.