Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just booked to travel next Friday (14th) and realised taht my railcard expired at the end of July! It's a Natwest 5 year one, but I haven't received my new one... Surely they send it out before the old one expires?
    Obv gonna ring them tomorrow, cos I can't afford teh fines (did a Lincoln-Aberdeen last term having forgotten my card and spent the entire 8 hours wetting myself in fear), but whats everyone elses experiences?

Are there any requirements to renewal? Like, my account is active, and frequently used, etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I've just booked to travel next Friday (14th) and realised taht my railcard expired at the end of July! It's a Natwest 5 year one, but I haven't received my new one... Surely they send it out before the old one expires?
    Obv gonna ring them tomorrow, cos I can't afford teh fines (did a Lincoln-Aberdeen last term having forgotten my card and spent the entire 8 hours wetting myself in fear), but whats everyone elses experiences?

Are there any requirements to renewal? Like, my account is active, and frequently used, etc...
    How many years have you had your railcard?

I received my new railcard (my third) about a month ago, just before mine expired. As you've said, maybe it's best for you to give them a call, even if they've already sent it out, it'll put your mind at rest.

ReputationRep:
    Call them up, mine never came and they claimed they posted it already, so just sent me a new one and it arrived within a week.

ReputationRep:
    mine's arrived a month ago too. Something's up

ReputationRep:
    Your account must be active, otherwise they won't send you one. If it is active, you should have already had it, so phone them. If you can't get it sorted, go to the ticket office when you arrive at the station and tell them you don't have your card - they'll make you pay the difference between the reduced ticket and a full-priced one. If you get on the train though, you'll have to pay for a brand new ticket.

ReputationRep:
    They sent it to my student halls. Despite me changing my address months ago. I swear, one more ****-up from them (they left me 10 days with just the spare change in my purse while they held my account hostage, sent my cards to the wrong address, sent my PIN out in an open envelope) and I'm changing banks.

ReputationRep:
    I have recently went to set up my student account at Natwest a couple of days back, now they said I would receive and e-mail which give me a link to register for my railcard and that other student discount card. But I have still yet to receive this e-mail, and was wondering if there was another way I could register for it? I'm going away for a week soon and won't get a chance to register their and I need this card for when I get back. (I'm skint and I need tht discount!!) Cheers

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.