Turn on thread page Beta

Your eyes watch

ReputationRep:
    How bad are your eyes from going on the computer all the time?

ReputationRep:
    I've got superb vision even though I'm on the computer for hours at a time, thanks :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    my eyes are great, i practically live on my pc when i have nothing to do or not watching films. . . i dont believe it affects your eyesight, its just a load of rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    My eyes have always been bad, I don't expect the amount of time I spend on here makes too much difference.

ReputationRep:
    Mine are deteriorating quite rapidly...

ReputationRep:
    I am short sighted. Although I don't think that has anything to do with my 12 hour computer shifts...

ReputationRep:
    My eyesight has always been terrible. I've had glasses since I was 6 years old. I'm blind without em

ReputationRep:
    Always been ****, always will be ****. Meh.

ReputationRep:
    ******* awful

ReputationRep:
    I have perfect vision. Most of my family however, do not.

Score one for me!

ReputationRep:
    I've had to wear glasses since I was 8 and my eyesight deteriorated rapidl between when i was 13 and 16, but i've been told this is just the age at which your eyesight changes the most, and after that it can even get better...

I'm short sighted btw. 6.5...

ReputationRep:
    I go on the PC a lot yet I don't wear glasses.

I am meant to though (slightly short sighted) yet it's only for really distant things so only really gonna need when/if I drive or maybe in lessons if the board is far away.

ReputationRep:
    i had great vision, but last year started needing glasses for far distance, i hardly wore then and when i went back this year my eyes have got twice as bad. i am supposed to wear them to see board, tv and latop as well though. he told me, he wouldn't trust me to drive without glasses so maybe the laptop made a difference but dunno.

ReputationRep:
    PCs dont cause eye problems, its a myth that needs to be squashed.

ReputationRep:
    No effect .

ReputationRep:
    I used to have perfect vision. After using the computer it all went downhill...

ReputationRep:
    they're fine...at the moment :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Mine have got better over the past two years :awesome:

I actually doubt that and blame Specsavers (Vision Express give better eye tests).

ReputationRep:
    Not very good, games, tv, pc xbox.. has totally weakened them.

ReputationRep:
    none at all.
    me: 1
    computers: 0

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.