Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    I just found this:

http://www.readinglists.co.uk/rsl/student/index.dfp

That's quite handy :ninja:.

I won't buy any books though, I'll have self restraint
    omg, thank you, that's so useful.

as for whether you should pre-read, then, no, don't bother if you haven't been set anything. I'm doing a lot of pre-reading, but that's because I've been set it. I don't mind doing it, since they're novels anyway, but I probably wont read any of the 'recommended' texts until I get back to uni.

ReputationRep:
    I've started some pre-reading or I should say that I'm pretty much half way through...more so on the 'life of a law student' than actual academics i.e. statute books etc...

Keeping that bit for later ( when given a reading list)

ReputationRep:
    Leave it, I remember reading a programming book before the start of first year and it just left my confused as it was badly written and tried to overcomplicate stuff!

ReputationRep:
    well if they having given you a reading list or giving you any preparotry problems - i think you can do whateve ryou feel like

ReputationRep:
    You could always go to your local library and see if they have anything. You can read up a little bit, without having to buy a book

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.