Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    All the info is up on the website, looks like its gonna be a fun week

http://www.strathstudents.com/

ReputationRep:
    Ino it loooks brilliant :P cannot wait . Does anyone know how to get passes or that for it ?

ReputationRep:
    So what's everyone looking forward to and planning on going to?
    I like fairgrounds so all for that on the monday the circus of horrors is hilarious! but minging lol obv :P x
    The fancy dress fresher's ball could be a great laugh! I love N-Dubz! And the Big Bro beach party could be good! lol x

And if you are going to the fancy dress party.. what you going as? :P Any ideas? :P x

ReputationRep:
    Can you get into the places like The Barony for the stuff if your underage :/ ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cw.x)
    Can you get into the places like The Barony for the stuff if your underage :/ ?
    I hope so!

Or do you have to wait until you get your student card?

ReputationRep:
    When do you get your student card ?

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good question, do you not buy a freshers pass or something?? I think 12hr tuesday wil be good, funeral for a friend, N Dubz and the biq quiz thing where you can win £1000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cw.x)
    When do you get your student card ?
    apparently during freshers week whenever you register... or so the site says lol x

ReputationRep:
    you get your studnet card during freshers at some point, you knw the pictures you put in when you were sending your accomodation form away do ya think there were for ur student id?? x

ReputationRep:
    it says on th website that you get another pic taken.. because obv not everyone will be getting accomodation.. they'll be used with records or something probs lol x

ReputationRep:
    Yea my friend got the picture taken at the uni for their card thing. It was a different uni though so maybe strathclyde is the same

ReputationRep:
    most probably get your picture taken then they just print out your card there and then

ReputationRep:
    im getting so excited now!

just VERY nervous.. the idea of skulking around freshers week alone trying to meet folk scares me.. im a shy girl! lol

and underage which worries me too

ReputationRep:
    you will be fine being underage during freshers week as its in the union

everyones in the same boat though, no one knows anyone

ReputationRep:
    I've got 2 friends going with me to there and a few others i know going but I really want to meet new people as well. If you talk to us we'll be nice lol. I'm really worried about being underage too , hope I can at least get in. Does anyone go there and know what the security is like ? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    ahhh, sooooo jealous lol XD

ReputationRep:
    i do hopeits easy to get in

and i hope i manage to speak to folk... i dont wanna go up to randoms but dont really wanna just expect that they'll come speak to me! lol x

ReputationRep:
    Lol if i have a drink in me ill talk to anyone lol. I just dance for like the whole night and talk to randomers lol

ReputationRep:
    i have no confidence, dont drink much (the last time i was drunk was last year at some point... in fact, it woulda been last september!! lol) x

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh if you just chill ad have a few drinks with your new flatmates everyone kinda relaxes and talks more

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 8, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.