Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tori1607)
    course you are
    Thanks =D All the Halls talk made me confused :o:

ReputationRep:
    i love pub quizzes too!

silly question maybe.. can friends from home/boyfriend come to any of the freshers week stuff too or is it strathy students only? lol

ReputationRep:
    I never got into Strathclyde halls so i need to stay in the private ones which is like an extra £20 a week but i have to stay there cos i cant be bothered commuting all the time. Whats everyine studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion123)
    I never got into Strathclyde halls so i need to stay in the private ones which is like an extra £20 a week but i have to stay there cos i cant be bothered commuting all the time. Whats everyine studying?
    Primary Education yourself?

So how much is your acc per week?? :O

ReputationRep:
    Did you not get in due to the distance thing??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerthLady)
    Primary Education yourself?

So how much is your acc per week?? :O
    pharmacology . Well its £100 a week when i really wanted to go for the cheaper option for strathclyde like birkbeck which was £72/76 a week (cant remember exactly:P) so i would have more money but some things just dont work out haha. I'll just need to try and find another job in glasgow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javjamoll)
    Did you not get in due to the distance thing??
    You have to live outside the 25 mile radius thing, and according to map quest i live 24.9 miles away from strathy. So unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion123)
    pharmacology . Well its £100 a week when i really wanted to go for the cheaper option for strathclyde like birkbeck which was £72/76 a week (cant remember exactly:P) so i would have more money but some things just dont work out haha. I'll just need to try and find another job in glasgow
    Aww thats sucky.. im £97 a week but im ensuite halls lol x

ReputationRep:
    omg this freshers week is going to be amazing
    I'm still 17 aswell so I guess we are all on the same boat :P...

I live in Greenock so im just commuting up and down most days which will be a hastle, but one of my pals got his flat keys today so theres a possibility he will let me crash there during freshers :yes:

I'm getting excited...]

ReputationRep:
    Whoo hoo another underager ahaa :P. You drinking at it ?
    I can't actual wait .. N Dubz and Ministrey of Sound :-D .
    I live at home too so will be travelling up and down :P
    And I'm studying Maths, statistics and accounts lol 8-) :P :L
    x

ReputationRep:
    silly question maybe.. can friends from home/boyfriend come to any of the freshers week stuff too or is it strathy students only? lol
    Sorry, gotta ask again :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a clue. I heard you can sign a maximum of like 5 people into the union that aren't in the uni. I don't know if its actually true though. And if it is I don't know if it applies to freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, gotta ask again :P
    Strathy students only I'd imagine.

ReputationRep:
    ok ta

ReputationRep:
    yeah id think its just for freshers and maybe strathy students from different years but freshers are definetly priority, obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cw.x)
    Whoo hoo another underager ahaa :P. You drinking at it ?
    I can't actual wait .. N Dubz and Ministrey of Sound :-D .
    I live at home too so will be travelling up and down :P
    And I'm studying Maths, statistics and accounts lol 8-) :P :L
    x
    Hopefully I wont get id'd :p:
    I suppose i dont look that young but aw well
    I'll probably drink on the train on the way up and mabae go to a few pubs with the lads before we go anywhere :yes:

I'm actually so excited now !!!!! woo:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cw.x)
    I don't have a clue. I heard you can sign a maximum of like 5 people into the union that aren't in the uni. I don't know if its actually true though. And if it is I don't know if it applies to freshers week.
    (Original post by CraigJohnston)
    Hopefully I wont get id'd :p:
    I suppose i dont look that young but aw well
    I'll probably drink on the train on the way up and mabae go to a few pubs with the lads before we go anywhere :yes:

I'm actually so excited now !!!!! woo:woo:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Strathy students only I'd imagine.

Little information for you freshers (I know some of it got answered but ill cover it)

-During the course of freshers week you get registered, this is where and when you get your student card.

-Bring your letter of acceptance to freshers week until you have your student card

-Nearer the time fresher passes (silver/gold) become available for the freshers week

-Strathclyde students can sign in other people. (see below) Amount varies, sometimes you can bring one guest, sometimes you can bring 3.

-Non strath students can come to events (for a price) and must show ID showing they are over 18.

-You can attend if you're underage, your not supposed to drink... just make sure you don't get ID'd at the bar (as in, if you look 12 get someone else to buy your drink)

-Make sure you get exceptionally drunk and make friends.

-Appreciate that 12 hour tuesday has 99p drinks, ALL drinks, that is if there's ever a time to experiment with different drinks, it is now

If you need any info on the union / freshers or for anyone doing biomedical (ie pharmacology, immunology etc) feel free to ask as im just going into my second year now. So it's all pretty fresh in my memory

Enjoy yer freshers

Edit: This is based purley on last years freshers, rules might change this year I'll keep yall informed

ReputationRep:
    Sooo freshers week aint just for freshers??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tori1607)
    Sooo freshers week aint just for freshers??
    Primarly yes, but non-strathers can come along providing they are over 18 and are with someone who does attend it.

So if your mate goes to Glasgow uni, for example, you could bring them with you to strath freshers.

Note- some events (like the bands and celebs) will cost more to non freshers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary10k)
    Little information for you freshers (I know some of it got answered but ill cover it)

-During the course of freshers week you get registered, this is where and when you get your student card.

-Bring your letter of acceptance to freshers week until you have your student card

-Nearer the time fresher passes (silver/gold) become available for the freshers week

-Strathclyde students can sign in other people. (see below) Amount varies, sometimes you can bring one guest, sometimes you can bring 3.

-Non strath students can come to events (for a price) and must show ID showing they are over 18.

-You can attend if you're underage, your not supposed to drink... just make sure you don't get ID'd at the bar (as in, if you look 12 get someone else to buy your drink)

-Make sure you get exceptionally drunk and make friends.

-Appreciate that 12 hour tuesday has 99p drinks, ALL drinks, that is if there's ever a time to experiment with different drinks, it is now

If you need any info on the union / freshers or for anyone doing biomedical (ie pharmacology, immunology etc) feel free to ask as im just going into my second year now. So it's all pretty fresh in my memory

Enjoy yer freshers

Edit: This is based purley on last years freshers, rules might change this year I'll keep yall informed
    You beat me to it I was just about to say most of this :rolleyes:

However also appreciate that 12 hour Tuesday is every Tuesday so don't feel the need to try absolutely everything in one night.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.