Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could I use my fake ID in the Union or do they check student cards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coooombe)
    Could I use my fake ID in the Union or do they check student cards?
    How fake is fake? Like as in, if it's your mates ID that looks like you- should be fine.

If it's an actual fake from internet or your basement, bouncers will know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary10k)
    How fake is fake? Like as in, if it's your mates ID that looks like you- should be fine.

If it's an actual fake from internet or your basement, bouncers will know.
    Fake from the internet. Could I not use my sutdent card to get into the union then use the ID at the bar?

ReputationRep:
    Worth a shot tho eh? :p:
    Oh yeah definitely worth a try. Just don't want them all to kill themselves in their first week :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tori1607)
    you get your studnet card during freshers at some point, you knw the pictures you put in when you were sending your accomodation form away do ya think there were for ur student id?? x
    erm..what?! I did not do that. Did it say on the letter? Oh god, i totally missed it if it did.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting really excited. Looks like a brilliant week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coooombe)
    Fake from the internet. Could I not use my sutdent card to get into the union then use the ID at the bar?
    Use your student ID/letter of acceptance to gain entrance to union, and either hope u don't get ID'd or get someone else to buy your drink.

I'd advise you not to use a fake ID... The union try to be fair and want everyone to have a good time, but fraud is fraud and they can't be caught taking fake ID's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Du Ba)
    I'm getting really excited. Looks like a brilliant week.
    It will be, and you're in for a real good course

ReputationRep:
    Yayyy, I won't risk getting ID'd so shall get my friends to get me my drink. If I get all dressed up I can look older though. Do you think the bouncers or that would take the drink off me or do you think I'd get away with it ? What letter is it I've to bring . The one from UCAS saying I've accepted my place? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Btw my profile picture was taken in late March and I'm the one on the left, do you think I look old enough or young ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cw.x)
    Yayyy, I won't risk getting ID'd so shall get my friends to get me my drink. If I get all dressed up I can look older though. Do you think the bouncers or that would take the drink off me or do you think I'd get away with it ? What letter is it I've to bring . The one from UCAS saying I've accepted my place? Cheers
    I have seen the bouncers take drink off people, but there's freaking hundreds of people so chances of them singling you out are low, and I don't think you look that young compared to some of the people you see (and you also look freakishly like my friend) Wouldn't worry about it too much, just keep an eye out if you see staff/bouncers id'ing folk aight?

And yeah bring your letter of acceptance just incase, last year the bouncers asked for it if you couldn't produce your student card.

ReputationRep:
    I hope thats a good thing looking like your friend lol ! ko :P. Okay dokay will do . You going to freshers ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cw.x)
    I hope thats a good thing looking like your friend lol ! ko :P. Okay dokay will do . You going to freshers ?
    Yeah, certainly not a bad thing.. Yeah I'll be at freshers, might be part of the freshers team too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cw.x)
    Btw my profile picture was taken in late March and I'm the one on the left, do you think I look old enough or young ?
    I'd say you look old enough

think about it though everywhere is going to be packed and it will be fine :o: ...
    I'ts harder for me i'vegot bloomin ginger hair and stick out like a sore thumb !

aw well....

do you think i look old enough :confused:? on my profile picture i'm the one at the far left
    excuse the sweatyness please :woo: club in malia = roasty toasty :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigJohnston)
    I'd say you look old enough

think about it though everywhere is going to be packed and it will be fine :o: ...
    I'ts harder for me i'vegot bloomin ginger hair and stick out like a sore thumb !

aw well....

do you think i look old enough :confused:? on my profile picture i'm the one at the far left
    excuse the sweatyness please :woo: club in malia = roasty toasty :p:
    You'll be fine, seriously. Only proper young looking folk will get checked at the bar. Bouncers are the same, but sometimes it's random. TBH the staff want to have as much fun as you do, so long as youre not being an **** or are far too drunk you got nothing to worry about really.

And props for going to malia, i was there too

ReputationRep:
    Aww you look well old ! Defo over 18 lol :P. Your hair isn't that bright !! Can hardly notice its ginger in that photo lol :P

ReputationRep:
    Btw someone I know thats going into their 2nd year at strathclyde said something about getting bands for being under or over 18 . This true :P ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cw.x)
    Btw someone I know thats going into their 2nd year at strathclyde said something about getting bands for being under or over 18 . This true :P ?
    Speculation, like i said when i join the freshers team ill post up more information...

Cause yknow, you could just cut the band off? Unless they took a deposit or kept your student card and then you swap the band for your card or something?

I dunno, im sure you'll find away to get drunk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cw.x)
    Aww you look well old ! Defo over 18 lol :P. Your hair isn't that bright !! Can hardly notice its ginger in that photo lol :P
    phew thank god :woo:

made me feel a bit better now cheers !!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

And props for going to malia, i was there too
    How amazing is Malia btw ! :o:
    Hopefully going back next year :cool:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.