Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lloyds tsb student account- how long to change from a current account? watch

ReputationRep:
    'We’ll automatically upgrade you to our Student Account once your place at university or college is confirmed.'

but how long does it actually take? (for example, has anyone with a lloyds tsb account who got their results today seen a change?)
    also when you apply for a planned overdraft is it instant?

I'm freaking out cause I need to pay £300 for my accommodation before the term starts and it the accommodation has to be accepted within 10 days or something. AHHHh.

:eek3:

also: I'll only be 18 on the 31st august- is this going to stop me from being able to get the overdraft?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh mine just changed automatically too. You just apply for your overdraft in the online account, but apply for a low amount otherwise it might be rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Yeh mine just changed automatically too. You just apply for your overdraft in the online account, but apply for a low amount otherwise it might be rejected.
    Thanks
    did you happen to notice how long it took to change?

ReputationRep:
    I have a Lloyds student account already and I don't have my results yet. I changed it in about March. My current overdraft is £200 but apparently it'll increase once I start uni.

But you will have to wait until you're 18 to have an overdraft. They can't give you credit until then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatone)
    I have a Lloyds student account already and I don't have my results yet. I changed it in about March. My current overdraft is £200 but apparently it'll increase once I start uni.

But you will have to wait until you're 18 to have an overdraft. They can't give you credit until then.
    oh bum.
    thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    I got mine changed before I applied for student finance in my first year (last year). £500 interest-free overdraft, which came in very useful for books and my bus pass.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.