Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do you get any effects from listening to music Watch

ReputationRep:
    sometimes after ive listened to music i get a kinda air pulsation in my right ear, lasts maybe 1 minute. its hard to describe what it is, its not ringing or anythin liek that but its something.
    i listen to alot of music but use a dock as i thought itd be better for me but im not sure if it is. i listen to my ear phones in car journeys and walking around also.
    do you get any weird effects?
    i know after going to a club you get ringing, but just by your own music? i remember a couple years ago i used to get a bit of pain in m ear

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I just feel relaxed.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah turn the volume down.

ReputationRep:
    Do you listen to bassy stuff? Cause that's like the bass equivalent of ear ringing.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this would be about how music conveys many emotions. How disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    I thought this would be about how music conveys many emotions. How disappointing.
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hayko)
    Same here
    And here too

(Original post by Meekle72)
    And here too
    :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes when I listen to certain music before going to sleep it feels as if there's an earthquake, so much so that I have to pull the earphones out to make sure there isn't one o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boredyay)
    sometimes after ive listened to music i get a kinda air pulsation in my right ear, lasts maybe 1 minute. its hard to describe what it is, its not ringing or anythin liek that but its something.
    i listen to alot of music but use a dock as i thought itd be better for me but im not sure if it is. i listen to my ear phones in car journeys and walking around also.
    do you get any weird effects?
    i know after going to a club you get ringing, but just by your own music? i remember a couple years ago i used to get a bit of pain in m ear
    Do you listen to music loudly? Could be tinnitus, or at least a very mild form of it. I know I should buy earplugs because I can definitely notice the difference after standing in front of a sound system every weekend for the past year, innit. Tinnitus sounds like a horrible thing to have to endure daily, no pun intended. Actually, **** it, pun's now intended.

ReputationRep:
    Turn the music down.

+1 to disappointment that this isn't an emotions/experience listening to music thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    :sadnod:
    :ditto:

Nevermind eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freecom2)
    Turn the music down.

+1 to disappointment that this isn't an emotions/experience listening to music thread
    we tried to derail it but alas it didn't work...

ReputationRep:
    My ex got tinnitus and I do get ringing sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    Then let's make the thread about that :woo:

Music gives me motivation most of the time :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.