Current Contemporary Chinese Studies Students? Watch

afua12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've just been having a look at the modules and was wondering if the list they give here http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/..._year=optional is an exhaustive one? I know that chinese is part of the business school, but do they offer any modules in topics you might find in a more traditional chinese course? I was having a look at Lampeter and the options including Chinese Mythology and Daoism and Confusianism which I would love to have the opportunity to study, especially the latter. Even if not offered from the business school, maybe the philosophy department have modules in Daoism/Confucianism?
caprile
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Did you apply to be in the course too? I did!
afua12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Yep, I recieved an offer and it was my insurance choice. I missed the grades though, and so am reapplying next year which is actually quite fortunate because it gives me more time to really find out what the course involves. Are you starting in September?
hereistheguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey,

I do a JH course with Contemporary Chinese Studies. Although I cannot speak for the specific modules, there are some modules which are core to the course, so i'll talk about them!

The topics you mention are covered briefly in lectures (I don't want to sound patronising here, so forgive me if I do), but the whole point is you cover a topic quickly then if you want to explore that in your essay/coursework, you do the research/revision (with given sources plus your own) to gain the knowledge of that area.
So for example, if you covered the area of Religion in a lecture then you could either adopt a specific perspective in your essay in relation to your interest area or ask the lecturer if you can write your own question

Hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (21)
25%
No - I got the required grades (52)
61.9%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (11)
13.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise