Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am totally not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I am trying to help my older bro get a London marathon place for the upcoming year. He can raise whatever sum, but wants to get a guaranteed place. Any suggestions are welcome. Please quote in reply or PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I am totally not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I am trying to help my older bro get a London marathon place for the upcoming year. He can raise whatever sum, but wants to get a guaranteed place. Any suggestions are welcome. Please quote in reply or PM.
    In the time it took you to post that, you could probably have typed the following into google:

'london marathon charity places'

and it magically brings back a million and one pages with charities wanting to offer you a place.

Incase that sounds like too much effort, Just copy and paste the following into your address bar:

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

ReputationRep:
    Look. I was looking for definite and confirmed, non-speculative apps.

I did as you just suggested while waiting for a more specific response from somebody who knows something on here. Clearly, I am still waiting for that to happen.

Either don't post, or stop being a **** for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to do it some years back. Most charities require you to raise a certain amount of cash.

There are loads that apply that don't get a place. I wanted to run for the Heart Foundation, some 5 years back when I was a runner, but they said I needed to raise around £1000. Which I found difficult.

ReputationRep:
    My brother believes he can raise 2000, which should be enough for most charities. I've got some numbers and will do a ring round for him tomorrow I guess, as well as some speculative emails.

ReputationRep:
    And you got a definitive non speculative app (whatever an app is). What was the result of your clicking on the link other than it bringing back a list of charities with places for this years marathon?

Lets help even further. The first charity that is listed is www.crunch.org.uk. If you click on that link, you get taken to their site and low and behold there is a great big button towards the bottom of the page that says, and I quote, "get a place today". The next link below crunch is oxfam. Upon clicking on their link, you are (not suprisingly perhaps) taken to their webpage. Here, in the top right of the page, there is a link that says "apply for an oxfam charity place now" I'm not entirely sure what sort of answer you are waiting for? Short of someone filling out an application form for you, I don't think they could really do much more!

As for waiting for someone who knows something on here, I've been running marathons for the last 9 years, and the reason for the sarcasm is based purely around the incredible ease that you can find the information. Seriously, go take another look at google...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.