Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well i have an offer to start medicine at keele in september, its AAB but im feeling really worried about my results. im pretty sure at least chemistry went pretty badly. does anyone know what happens at keele if you do miss a grade? i know its not likely they will let you in but i was just wondering if anything is put in place to help you get in the following year, maybe after resits ect.
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Wait until results day. If you **** up, ring up the medical school, although it is extremely unlikely that they will still take you... after which you go back home, cry, and consider your options.

ReputationRep:
    One of my close friends last year got ABB and had an offer from Keele; she rang up and they told her to ring back in the afternoon, she did and was still accepted. I think Keele are one of the few med schools that will accept people who hold conditional offers but achieve ABB (as were Leicester until last year when I needed that :rant: :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    One of my close friends last year got ABB and had an offer from Keele; she rang up and they told her to ring back in the afternoon, she did and was still accepted. I think Keele are one of the few med schools that will accept people who hold conditional offers but achieve ABB (as were Leicester until last year when I needed that :rant: :p:)
    oh come on alex, we all know soton's where it's at!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd91)
    oh come on alex, we all know soton's where it's at!
    Oh hell yes, it's all about Soton :party:

ReputationRep:
    Well I have got an offer from Keele too. I doubt they would accept you as remember all unis give out more offers than they have places BECAUSE people don't meet the offers or it's not their firm. But, it's always worth phoning them as said earlier..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.