Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can we go to the mexican place that was mentioned in the student union book we got in the post?

was watching ugly betty the other night so for a few days im curious about mexican food....

But thinking about it a regular bar would be better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frazzled22)
    Im just abit worried cos im a commuter because it costs £20 taxi fare so I can't really drink with everyone at freshers although i can drive you home so you may like me for that
    Lol if you drive then everybody is your friend , including me lol :P, but that sucks that you wont be able to drink...

ReputationRep:
    Im just abit worried cos im a commuter because it costs £20 taxi fare so I can't really drink with everyone at freshers although i can drive you home so you may like me for that
    Your my new favorite person :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Ill come drinking maybe one of the days, but I'd have to bring some of my local friends so I can share a taxi, either that or befriend a fellow driver

I can't remember which topic we were talking about youtube on, but i finally star in a youtube video! Although it's got me worried because I heard my voice and I sound like a manly yamyam

ReputationRep:
    yamyam?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yam+yam

is it that? lol

ReputationRep:
    Ill come drinking maybe one of the days, but I'd have to bring some of my local friends so I can share a taxi, either that or befriend a fellow driver

I can't remember which topic we were talking about youtube on, but i finally star in a youtube video! Although it's got me worried because I heard my voice and I sound like a manly yamyam

You gonna link us??

ReputationRep:
    yeh thats me although I always thought it was only for Cannock people and not the whole Black Country.

Oh deary me i seem to have lost the link..... lol ill find it tomorrow for you, although I look terrible and I was sucking at Rockband because I got a dead arm.

On another note, I have just come back from a rather short night out in Stafford and it was ace! Although I got lost in Chicargos because I didn't know how to get to love2love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_R)
    i said this on another thread...we should all meet up one day
    Ok sorry, didn't see that but maybe on here we could organise something for both campuses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damning Eden)
    Stoke or Stafford?

Well for me it would be Stafford but it can be both depends , maybe we need some form of leader to organise depending which campus they are going to be on or maybe not a leader just some kind of mutual choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggler)
    i thought you didnt want people knowing who u were in real life :s
    Yes I did. However if people are going to go to the same campus I wouldn't mind meeting them, as they will be doing the same thing. I am just weary of people I don't know so well knowing me on the net but in person it's much better as you can get a good impression of who these people really are.

ReputationRep:
    Im a bit shy too until ive figured you out and i know what i can say without getting blank looks and looks of "oookaaaayyy then" between you
    i never give blank looks of ooookaay then I usually get them

ReputationRep:
    Can we go to the mexican place that was mentioned in the student union book we got in the post?

was watching ugly betty the other night so for a few days im curious about mexican food....

But thinking about it a regular bar would be better.
    Where is the Mexican place, in Stafford or Stoke?

If people could be so kind, if they haven't already stated in this link already, whether they will be going to Stafford or Stoke, would it be better to organise one at each campus do you think?

I can do the 22nd of September as I arrive the 21st but if most people want the 20th that's fine i'm sure i'll bump into you sometime.

ReputationRep:
    :O Quintuple posting!!! There is an edit button y'know :P lol. Anyway I'll be going to Stafford campus, and if there's enough people for each campus that'd be a good idea (though I have a feeling most people who have replied are going to Stafford)
    I'm arriving on the 20th but i'll probs be exhausted from the 4 hour trip I think the 22nd is a good date to give people time to settle in...
    Oh and I was just wondering if this is all your first year or not, just curious lol (it's gonna be my first year btw)

ReputationRep:
    I'd be up for this if it's on a date I can do!

ReputationRep:
    its looking like Tuesday the 22nd atm! Gives me more than enough time.

Plus the mexican place sounds ok (whereever it is...)

Edit: and i'll be at stafford in my 4th year.

ReputationRep:
    I was expecting you stafford-ites to know it. Are we all ok to go...ethnic(?) or would a regular place be better. If we do go there, i doubt ill be eating anything, not in the first couple of days. Not sure what mexican reallly is...

ReputationRep:
    alright alright...how about we just stick to a more casual setting like a pub since we won't know everyone, and then leave going to a resturant for a future going out plan?

ReputationRep:
    Go to a pub, wetherspoons would be a good one lol, Im gonna bum that pub when Im there.

I would love to go to a mexican place as long as it isn't a bit too expensive, mexican food is awesome, probably my favourite. Shame theres never any good restaurants around and if there is they are usually really expensive and posh which is wierd considering the background of the food.

ReputationRep:
    if the 22nd is a Tuesday then its student night! So the town centre is the place to be for cheap drinks. But for none-drinkers like me (ill be driving so i can give lifts ) you'll have to choose where carefully because some places charge £10 for unlimited drinks would be a waste. I think another day would be better because tuesay will be the main night out for everyone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.